Attention All Full Tilt Players!

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Hi guys,

I recently contacted Full Tilt about creating weekly or bi-weekly Private No Limit Hold-em Tournament for PokerStrategy.com members. They replied and said that would be no problem with it so I'm here to see if anyone is interested in the idea.

I was thinking maybe a low enough buy-in limit ($1+10c or $2.20) so it gives both old and new members here a chance to gain some experience at a low level and to work on strategies and show some community spirit. The lower buy in also gives most people a chance to stay within their BRM.

If we can get more numbers then we can see about extending the amount of tournaments per week/month. We could even do a higher buy in limit for our stronger more advanced members.

In future we could also maybe host a Fixed Limit, Razz, or Omaha game.

So, let me know what you think and if you are interested. I need to give them 4 business days advanced noticed before any tournament so it will probably be 10 days or more before we get started.

So here's hoping you like my idea and give me some feedback.

Thanks for your time,

HollyMichelle

*** UPDATE ***

I have made a draft email to Full Tilt which I will send in the next 24 hours. Im still awaiting a reply from Customer support here about getting money added or a guarantee. Here is the details of the Draft;

Hi,

I would like to create the following tournament.

Tournament Name: PS.com FTP Community NLH
      Buy in: $1 + $.10
      Game: Holdem
      Limit: No-Limit
      Password: (wont give this away just yet :)
      Time: 13.00 ET
      Date: Sunday, July 4th 2010
      Number of players expected: 25-50

I hope the time and date suits everyone.

HollyMichelle
  • 56 replies
    • macounpa
      macounpa
      Bronze
      Good idea, why not
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Plenty of viewers but no-one giving feedback!

Seriously is there anyone interested or is my dream goona die???
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It's just me pressing F5 ITT :f_biggrin:
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      It's a good Idea, I'd play it if I wasn't working so much or maybe if it was on a sunday. It would be cool to get a coach to play it and make a video
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yeah having a coach there would be a superb idea, never thought of that. Yeah I was thinking that Sunday would be the best day also, as I work during the week and I have a young baby to look after ;)

Just getting a perfect time is going to be a problem with PokerStrategy having many members from different nations. I was thinking about maybe 12ET which is 5GMT or 6CET to be the best time for everyone but if not we could work on that.

HollyMichelle
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      There used to be regular ~5$ private pokerstrategy tournaments on pokerstars like a year ago or so, it wasn't very popular.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Full of the fruits of optimism I see NightFrostaSS :D

That was Pokerstars and not Full Tilt! Besides I feel a lower buy in is better for newer members where it gives them a chance to gain some extra experience among our community.

HollyMichelle
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      HollyMichelle - You're a genius!!!

Way to take the initiative... i hope some mods are reading this and will recognize you in some way for the great idea to build community spirit.

Depending on the date/time, I will definitely make the effort to participate. I'm in Atlantic Canada so an early Sunday event works for me!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you Ramble, you are very kind.

I will definitely try and sort out a date and time that can suit most people. I will also hope to give people maybe a week/10 days notice before the first tournament takes place and try and plug the hell out of it here on the forums.

What do you all think to the buy in? Is $1 or 2$ enough or should we maybe go to $3 or $5?

Thanking you all for the time to read my posts.

HollyMichelle
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey there HollyMichelle,

I think this could be a really great idea for the community.

As for the Buy-In my recommendation would be for $1 as that would allow beginners still to play and keep within bankroll considerations :)

If you can get something going then i will speak to the admins and see if we can get it advertised on the site somewhere.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Full of the fruits of optimism I see NightFrostaSS :D

That was Pokerstars and not Full Tilt! Besides I feel a lower buy in is better for newer members where it gives them a chance to gain some extra experience among our community.

HollyMichelle
      Optimist is my second name. ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Steve,

I think we could be onto something here if I keep selling the idea here on the forum. I will also post the idea on the Community Forum.

Any help from you to advertise it on the site would be gratefully welcomed.

Yeah, I was thinking the $ buy in would be suitable for most but if I got enough feedback I could run both the $ and a higher buy in also.

Thanks,
      HollyMichelle
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Depending on the time you choose I might play. I from Romania so GMT+2. Something in the evening into late night would be great for me. But I can try early morning too. Just not in the afternoon. That's not poker time for me... :)
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      sounds good. get ps.com to chip in a guarantee imo
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Incidently I mentioned to FTP about them possibly making it a money added tourney and although they didnt dismiss the idea it seems rather unlikely that they would.

Worth a shot though!
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      sounds good. get ps.com to chip in a guarantee imo
      Genius of the Day Awards:

1) HollyMichelle
      2) lessthanthree
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I might break my Pokerstars only playing ritual and play once a week with all if it comes about. Good Idea Holly. :)
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      just to clarify, i meant contact pokerstrategy.com and get them to chip in for a guarantee. dont see why they wouldnt invest in this.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      just to clarify, i meant contact pokerstrategy.com and get them to chip in for a guarantee. dont see why they wouldnt invest in this.

I don't think Ramble was being sarcastic dude... He was saying it was a good idea :)