[NL2-NL10] NL50 SH BSS OP vs ??

• degnic
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   

0,25/0,50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:spade: , 9:heart:
      MP3 raises to $1,00, CO folds, Hero raises to $3,00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,75) 5:heart: , 5:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2,50, Hero calls $2,50.

Turn: ($11,75) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $16,59 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $28,34

fold is good? or should've called? No reads of villain, so decided to fold and wait for better opportunity.
  • 3 replies
    • Nogatsira
      I'm not really sure, it depends on what range you put him on.
      If you put him on 44+ here then your equity is 31% but if you add in AK then your equity goes up to 44%.
      You're getting close to 2 to 1 on your money. If he has 88 then your way ahead, if he has anything else then you're probably drawing to 6 outs.
      Seems a close one to me and I think calling would be slightly +EV, but its hard to tell without reads.
    • Nunki
      Without a read I'd just flat call pf.

As played the stack-sizes make it awkward since any meaningful flop-raise on your part commits you to the pot. Villain could quite easily think that you have AK after your flop-call and try and push you off your hand with ATC. In any event, I doubt if you are sacrificing too much EV by folding the turn.

Come to think of it, the logical conclusion of your pf play would simply be to get the money in on any safe looking flop given that you are HU with a SS.
    • Puschkin81
      Hi degnic!

I would raise the flop to see what I'm up against. If he pushes all-in you have an easy fold even if the pot is already very big. By calling down you are investing your whole stack without knowing if you have the best hand. As played: you don't know if you fold the best hand here. For this reason raise the flop to get information.

Good luck at the tables!