$7.19
      BU (Hero):
      $10.15
      SB:
      $12.92
      BB:
      $3.50

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.3) 6, Q, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.8) K (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

River: ($5.8) 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds.

Final Pot: $8.8.

Opener is a straightforward ABC fit or fold type of guy.
      He either has a legitimate hand or he check-folds pretty much always

Should I 3bet broadways against him PF IP?

On the flop I thought about raising his small bet to get rid of the 3rd guy and see where I really stand, but I put him on AQ/KQ here for sure, coz his bet is beggin for a call esp against 2 opps OOP and he NEVER bets without a hand as said before.

So I didn't raise and got caught in a nasty sandwich

On the turn, he makes a begging-for-more-calls bet with no longer a top pair, so I narrow it down to exactly KQ, he had to have a Q on the flop and he has to have a K here as well, otherwise he would not have the balls to bet into 2 opps again OOP, was thinking of laying it down, but didn't and after that, river call is an obv must.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3-betting preflop is fine if he's opening a lot from the CO and will end up folding often, which ABC straightforward guys usually will until you do it too much and they snap, which is good for you since you sometimes happen to have a hand :p Calling is fine as well, tho you have to understand what's going to happen when you do.

From your reads, you know he won't bet without a decent hand, which means when you do make a hand yourself and he bets, you're already screwed a decent amount with TPGK. That means you usually will be able to win with any two cards by betting in position when he gives up, and when he doesn't, the fact that you made a pair yourself will usually just mean bad reverse implied odds. So against such players you have to understand relative hand values and realize just because you have TPGK doesn't mean you need to call down. You could even consider 3-betting all those trouble hands as a bluff to avoid getting into those spots and calling instead with stuff that isn't dominated like 87s or something, since when he doesn't have anything you can take it away regardless of what you have.

As played calling the flop is pretty much mandatory, he could have like Q9/QT if he's opening wide and people still c-bet bluff sometimes, everybody does. Plus it's cheap.

As played on the turn I'd fold, I don't expect a random nl10 player to even be able to valuebet Qx when the overcard comes on the turn so I just think we're smoked. Plus with another player behind we risk getting into the exact same sandwich spot on the river, which is always ugly. Overall it's just not worth pursuing imo.

As played the river is pretty much the same deal except you're getting even better odds, but I still think there is no way that guy is betting worse than QJ on the turn if he's as straightforward as you say he is, so I wouldn't even get to the river and once there I wouldn't call regardless of pot odds being good.

Hope it helps.