[NL2-NL10] representing the flush on the river

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) 4, 3, A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.77) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($4.77) 2 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.85, Hero raises to $3.32, UTG2 calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $11.41.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, five high(Ac Kd).
      UTG2 shows a straight, six high(6h Kh).

UTG2 wins with a straight, six high(6h Kh).

i found his river bet really weak and thought that he could have a weak flush or just an ace( which is useless) so i decided to shove it in to represent a good flush.
  • 5 replies
    • TedKell
      I love the play. It's strong, it's agressive, and most importantly, against a resonable opponent (thinking or non thinking player), it'll work (assuming their flush is weaker than Q High).

If I was our Villian, I'd be worried that you may have had K-K with the K of spades.

Let me guess, 3-3 with the 3 of spades ;P? Or some fish that just couldn't fold his aces??
    • fryandspicy
      It's probably a pot odds thing again. Your opponent has to pay $2.47 to see a pot of $8.94, giving him pot odds of 3.6:1, so he's feels pretty much priced in to call even if he doesn't have a strong flush (which seems quite likely).

With the ace of spades showing, it's less likely that you're holding a spade that would've looked up his donkey bet. I would've thought he had trips with a weak spade or similar. Shows how weak my reads are.

@TedKell, highlight the blank space under results follow for their hands.
    • Oly0909
      Ther's one thing you forgot. Don't bluff a fish!

FLOP: He could be on trips, smaller A, or saome kind of JJ TT hand, trying to push you of if you're on draw. You could rerase him here. I would probably go broke here if he ships it because you're ahead of all one pair hands except 33 and 44, but I'm not sure if this is wright.

TURN: You could still be ahead so betting again sounds good, maybe just calling his bet, but I'm not going broke any more.

RIVER: There's no hand you can beat any more, so I think checking or folding is here only option.
    • Mstlc
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Ther's one thing you forgot. Don't bluff a fish!

As played I'm calling the river. We might be good against a weaker ace (his small bet makes a good flush unlikely).

Other then that... raise the flop to ~$2.1. You have to protect your hand really...
    • Kaitz20
      although they bets small they also tend to call raises, since they doesn´t like to get bluffed
      Since you have showdown value, call him down if you think he might bet there with worse hands than flush