This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] representing the flush on the river

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.93
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.67
      CO:
      $12.56
      BU:
      $1.38
      SB:
      $4.67
      BB:
      $5.67
      UTG2:
      $7.30
      MP1:
      $14.86

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) 4, 3, A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.77) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($4.77) 2 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.85, Hero raises to $3.32, UTG2 calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $11.41.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, five high(Ac Kd).
      UTG2 shows a straight, six high(6h Kh).

UTG2 wins with a straight, six high(6h Kh).

i found his river bet really weak and thought that he could have a weak flush or just an ace( which is useless) so i decided to shove it in to represent a good flush.
  • 5 replies
    • TedKell
      TedKell
      Basic
      I love the play. It's strong, it's agressive, and most importantly, against a resonable opponent (thinking or non thinking player), it'll work (assuming their flush is weaker than Q High).

If I was our Villian, I'd be worried that you may have had K-K with the K of spades.

Let me guess, 3-3 with the 3 of spades ;P? Or some fish that just couldn't fold his aces??
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      It's probably a pot odds thing again. Your opponent has to pay $2.47 to see a pot of $8.94, giving him pot odds of 3.6:1, so he's feels pretty much priced in to call even if he doesn't have a strong flush (which seems quite likely).

With the ace of spades showing, it's less likely that you're holding a spade that would've looked up his donkey bet. I would've thought he had trips with a weak spade or similar. Shows how weak my reads are.

@TedKell, highlight the blank space under results follow for their hands.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Ther's one thing you forgot. Don't bluff a fish!

FLOP: He could be on trips, smaller A, or saome kind of JJ TT hand, trying to push you of if you're on draw. You could rerase him here. I would probably go broke here if he ships it because you're ahead of all one pair hands except 33 and 44, but I'm not sure if this is wright.

TURN: You could still be ahead so betting again sounds good, maybe just calling his bet, but I'm not going broke any more.

RIVER: There's no hand you can beat any more, so I think checking or folding is here only option.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Ther's one thing you forgot. Don't bluff a fish!
      This...

As played I'm calling the river. We might be good against a weaker ace (his small bet makes a good flush unlikely).

Other then that... raise the flop to ~$2.1. You have to protect your hand really...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      although they bets small they also tend to call raises, since they doesn´t like to get bluffed
      Since you have showdown value, call him down if you think he might bet there with worse hands than flush