Step 6 ticket

• Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      I managed to climb to Step 6 on FT, but am not completely sure, what would be the best use for my ticket. As I see it, there are hardly any step 7 or step 8 tournaments playing. I actually wonder, if one has ever played. That leaves me with the $615 satellites to the WSOP and other tournaments with the same buy-in. Has anyone tried them, is it playable? For what I could tell, then the Step 5 was relatively soft, a step back to Step 5 was guaranteed within five minutes of play and without me playing in a single hand, as people put each other out with somewhat lesser holdings, or to say politely, with pure crap.

Don't expect the major tournaments to be such donkfests, though. Should I try to wait for one Step 6 and ultimately Step 7 to fill up, or try my luck (Yes, luck, as I have only one ticket at this time), and play one $615 MTT?

As I understood there is no other way round it, and I can not sell, nor cash my ticket. If somebody knows about such a possibility, I'd gladly part of it. :)
  • 7 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      as far as i know the step 6-8 are much tougher, you will need to game select to get the softest game possible. they do run, but might take a while to load. (most people table select so they watch them fill then join late)

You probably have a bigger edge climbing the steps compared to just 1 donkament. keep climbing imo. good luck
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      What is step 8 that u r talking about? Arent there only 7 steps, the seventh being the final SnG the winner of witch gets the package?

P.S.
      congrats on getting so far, hope u can take 2 more SnGs and be off to Vegas! ;)
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      Thank you. :) I'll do my best when I eventually get to join in. :P

Indeed, there are only 7 steps (not counting step 0).
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Styr,

Many congrats on your achievement so far, awesome going.

My personal choice would also be for continuing on the steps ladder, I agree with lessthanthree that imo this gives you a better chance due to it's structure (can finish mid-table and stay on the ladder) but it's just personal choice at the end of the day. Go with whatever you feel happiest with.

Wishing you all the very best for the remainder of the journey. Ship it :s_thumbsup:

Best regards,

Bart
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      Step 7 is mine. :P

Never expected to be it so easy. Did some research on the opponents before it filled up, and as expected, the bad players went out first, and half of the field was gone within 6 minutes.

What surprises me the most is, that the worst player, who finished 9th, registered himself into Step 7. He must have a lot of money indeed.

Strange, as it is, the further up they go, the easier it becomes. I guess uncle Sam is a good thing after all. :)

Thank you for your support. :) I really appreciate it.
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      so u won a package?gg dude!what sort of investment?how much?gl at the event

Edit i m wrong u won a 2k ticket that ship it gl!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Styr
      Step 7 is mine. :P

Never expected to be it so easy. Did some research on the opponents before it filled up, and as expected, the bad players went out first, and half of the field was gone within 6 minutes.

What surprises me the most is, that the worst player, who finished 9th, registered himself into Step 7. He must have a lot of money indeed.

Strange, as it is, the further up they go, the easier it becomes. I guess uncle Sam is a good thing after all. :)

Thank you for your support. :) I really appreciate it.
      Any Update? did you play the step 7? win? lose?