Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,02
      BU:
      $4,17

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:heart: , 7:spade:
      BU raises to $0,16, Hero raises to $0,55, BB folds, BU calls $0,39.

Flop: ($1,14) A:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,45, BU raises to $1,22, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,81

Hi,
      as you can see, the samplesize is very small and i therefore i have no specific reads, too.

Pre: I think 3bet is the best option, especially since we are OOP.
      Flop: I couldn't decide whether a cbet is needed here. There aren't many worse hands, that could call, maybe 55,66 and a couple of FDs and i won't get any better hands to fold either. On the other hands, i don't wanna be bluffed out of the best hand easily, so i decided for some kind of blockbet.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Generally light 3betting on NL4 isn't a good idea :p, especially not with a hand like 77.

Fact is even if people open really loose, that doesn't really help you at all if they don't fold against any 3bet and 77 doesn't flop fantastic except for when you hit your set. This might be a good spot to 3bet the BU raiser but imo you should look for better hands: strong aces, suited connectors and hands with blockers like suited aces and broadway hands). Be careful however with broadway hands like KJ cause you could easily be dominated by AK etc...

As played pre-flop you have to c-bet the flop but if you do c-bet make it at least $0.8. Your c-bet is way to weak and it basically screams "hi, I don't have anything" + it makes it really cheap for him to throw in a raise and find out what your small bet means...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played it fine
      you can make it a littlebit bigger c-bet, but if you make the same size also with nuts then it is fine
      If they doesn´t have anything I think they would fold quite often even to smaller c-bets