Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10,95
      Hero:
      $10,28

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , K:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,35, 2 folds, BB calls $0,25.

Flop: ($0,75) J:club: , 8:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,50, BB calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,75) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,20, BB raises to $3,60, Hero raises to $9,43 (All-In), BB calls $5,83.

River: ($20,61) 5:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks (Jh Ks)
      BB shows a full-house, eights full of jacks (8d 8s)

BB wins with a full-house, eights full of jacks (8d 8s)
  • 6 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Wp. :s_thumbsup: I don't see a way to fold it. I'd go broke there 100% too.
    • Brkanec
      Brkanec
      Bronze
      me neither, but the way he played this hand .. c/c flop probably with any PP because I'll cbet any2 here, T9 and any Jx hand because he wants me to catch something as well.
      Then comes a brick, he checks again and I bet again. This is really bad card on bluff, so here he probably starts to think that I've got something, maybe like 88+, Jx, 8x and wants to get value out of my hand. He reraises me, so he thinks he's got me beat. He could play any Jx this way, QJ, JT maybe J9 which I've got dominated, AJ which dominates me. PP like 99-QQ, T9 and 8x hands he wouldn't probably reraise because he can't expect me to call with a worse hand. AA, KK would be reraised preflop, so the question probably is if he's got 88 or 44 more often then the last jack in the deck.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think you played it well, although it always worries me when players check / call the flp and then check / raise the turn. On the micros this always seems to indicate a lot of strength. But I don't see any way of letting that hand go when the only hands he's beating you with in his range are 88, AJ and 44 when the money went in. And 44 is very unlikely to be calling on the flop.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      I think you played it well, although it always worries me when players check / call the flp and then check / raise the turn. On the micros this always seems to indicate a lot of strength. But I don't see any way of letting that hand go when the only hands he's beating you with in his range are 88, AJ and 44 when the money went in. And 44 is very unlikely to be calling on the flop.
      Check/call flop, check/raise turn is a nut like... not only on micro's but on low stakes as well. The problem is, it's a percieved nuts line and you've kinda got the nuts to :p.

Yes, he could have 88 or AJ but he could also easily have QJ, JT, J9 which you crush or KJ for a split. There's no way you can get away from this hand. If you were playing JT here instead of KJ you might've been able to actually fold there but in this case you really can't.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Check/call flop, check/raise turn is a nut like... not only on micro's but on low stakes as well. The problem is, it's a percieved nuts line and you've kinda got the nuts to :p.

Yes, he could have 88 or AJ but he could also easily have QJ, JT, J9 which you crush or KJ for a split. There's no way you can get away from this hand. If you were playing JT here instead of KJ you might've been able to actually fold there but in this case you really can't.
      Haha, I only said "On the micros" because that's the only levels I know :D But it's good to know when I reach the low stakes some things will stay the same :D
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Check/call flop, check/raise turn is a nut like... not only on micro's but on low stakes as well. The problem is, it's a perceived nuts line and you've kinda got the nuts to :p.

Yes, he could have 88 or AJ but he could also easily have QJ, JT, J9 which you crush or KJ for a split. There's no way you can get away from this hand. If you were playing JT here instead of KJ you might have been able to actually fold there but in this case you really can't.
      Again, right on the money.

Notice that villain is playing 11/6, which means he's nitty but he's still calling just as much as he's raising, hinting at him possibly calling BBvsCO with broadway stuff that include worse Jx hands.

When you're up against a nit who's more along the lines of 9/8 it's actually really tough, because the only hands they usually call raises with out of position are pocket pairs and good broadways, they might even dump AJ, which means they'll show you a boat a ton of the time with that c/c c/3x line. It doesn't matter that those hands are 'mathematically unlikely', they're just never doing it with anything else.

Hope it helps.