$2.00
      BB:
      $3.53
      MP1:
      $2.22
      MP2:
      $1.87

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, 4 folds, CO calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.35) 7, 4, K (2 players)
      CO bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.43.

So this is a typical situation, and i wouldn't have raised if i hadn't watched a bunch of HasenBraten videos where he does this all the time. What is right to do in this kind of situation - when the Opp donks into you on the flop assuming you raised with AX and didn't hit, What would you do with something like QQ/JJ? What would you do if you hadn't hit and had AQ/AJ?
      And most importantly what to raise exactly? I just raised about half pot because it looked like a good amount to make him fold if he didn't have anything but i havn't got a clue, I only recently came back to poker to BSS and i played FL a year ago.

So yeah just wanted some info on such typical protection/bluffs because folding everytime you don't hit seems like money lost
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      since it is usually weak bet and he would fold to raise i think I would even raise there with AJ/AQ
      You can´t call him down, so i like taking the line which you took.
      Raise and if get called then try to check it down
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      What would be a standard raise in this situation when an OP bets into you?

Are we assuming that these raises are ( >49%) of the time just people hoping you didn't hit while they themselves have nothing and thus value betting?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0rkus
      What would be a standard raise in this situation when an OP bets into you?

Are we assuming that these raises are ( >49%) of the time just people hoping you didn't hit while they themselves have nothing and thus value betting?
      sometimes air, sometimes pair, sometimes draws
      If they bet small then mostly they doesn´t have big hand and unless they are calling stations you can take pot down on the flop or turn