How Important is BRM at NL4?

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Okay, so I know BRM is very important on poker, but i'm just wondering if it maintains the same level of importance on these microlimits. Because I have $50 in my account, playing BSS. According to BRM I only have enough to be playing at NL2, but the standard of play is pretty much the same at NL4. So what i'm asking is, for example if one night there are barely any tables on at NL2, would it be acceptable to move to NL4 for a night with only 12 BI?

Thanks for any advice :)
  • 10 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      no. bankroll management is bankroll management. If you only manage it at certain levels you are not manageing it. a small downswing and your bankroll will take a big hit
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      If you have played higher limits and have crushed the lower ones. You can use very agressive brm. But it's better to just stick to it. You can take a shot at NL4 and once you lose 3 buy ins you move down.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Okay, well i've played BSS at NL4 and NL10 before and done well, I just had to withdraw due to lack of funds :p. I'm going to wait until I get up to about $70 before I move to NL4 I think. I believe I can beat NL4 with 17BI. Thanks for the advice :)
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      its okay to play with agressive BRM as long as you are ready to reload if you lose it all
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      its okay to play with agressive BRM as long as you are ready to reload if you lose it all
      If you're happy to reload, then, effectively you BR is what you have plus what you're prepared to reload. Best to put what you can afford in as BR, then play within it without reloading. Otherwise.... well you know what I'm saying.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Unfortunately I haven't got the funds to reload, all I can afford is what is in my account now. So i've decided to play until i've got 20BI for NL4, then move up, I think i've got enough knowledge of NL4 and how it works to be able to beat it with 20BI. Obviously i'll be moving down if I drop 5BI.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by MathhNes its okay to play with agressive BRM as long as you are ready to reload if you lose it all
      If you're happy to reload, then, effectively you BR is what you have plus what you're prepared to reload. Best to put what you can afford in as BR, then play within it without reloading. Otherwise.... well you know what I'm saying.

me tinks he makin' a joke, ya know.
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      I think BRM all boils down to if you can reload with your real life funds
      if say you can easily reload USD 1000 , then go ahead and have a short BI

but the higher levels you go , the nitter your BRM should be

the chance of going broke with 120 BI is much much less then if you only have 10 BI.

If you do know how to play , willing to reload , think you have an edge over NL4 people , go ahead and go for it as your rate/hour is probably higher then NL2
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if you have previous experience of NL4 and you believe your bb/100 is worth the additional risk of ruin, go ahead. I would however recommend that if you drop 2 buyins, do drop down to 2NL.

I just started grinding 4NL on partypoker after recieving a second no deposit bonus and so far have doubled my bankroll over 1k hands :) .

:D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      It's fine now, I hit the BR to start playing NL4. Been pretty strange after a month of seeing me either gain or lose a small amount on NL2, now i'm at NL4 it seems to be either profit or loss of $14 or something like that, just looks a lot to me :D :p