[NL2-NL10] This Links to my other thread in discussion...

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $1.50
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.71
      CO:
      $1.88
      BU:
      $5.15
      SB:
      $2.10
      BB:
      $1.63
      UTG1:
      $1.13
      UTG2:
      $5.48
      MP1:
      $1.82

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, BB calls $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) Q, 2, 6 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.31) 3 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.08, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.47) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $0.87.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Kh Ah).
      BB shows three of a kind, kings(Ks Kc).

BB wins with three of a kind, kings(Ks Kc).
  • 4 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Tbh i'd have folded on the turn, but maybe conti bet on flop with only 2 opponents. There's no reason to think you're winning on the turn, and not much chance that you're going to be winning by the river. QJ, QT, AQ, KQ are all in your opponents range, as are 22, 66 and 33. Although I wouldn't have put him on KK so a call on the river is fine. But his bet sizes of under 1/2 pot do display a bit of strength, almost inviting you to call his bets.

To put it into perspective, if his turn bet was $0.25, would you have called?
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I'm c-betting this flop. It's so dry it's very hard for anyone to have really hit anything + it's 3 way so people often give your c-bet a lot of respect here. You won't be folding out any queens but you will fold out quite a few underpairs at least. On the other hand, it's NL2... people call too much so checking behind here is fine to.

The turn I'm folding. We're not beating much of anything and I don't espect people to bluff a lot in a 3way pot on these stakes.

As played, the river is a call I think. Folding is not really an option and I think raising is slightly too thin, especially cause you have kind of no idea where you're at with your hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd also c-bet the flop regardless of it being nl2, the fact is we don't know our opponents so if we give up the initiative we'll have no idea what to do with AK-high even if it happens to be the best hand. Just betting the flop to take it down against all sorts of hands that completely whiffed such a dry board is generally a better option.

As played I don't really mind the turn call, who knows what this random fishy looking guy is taking a weak stab with after it's checked around, it's just not that easy to have a hand on that board. That might force you to call another weak bet on blank rivers tho.

As played on the river I'd hesitate between calling and raising. I'd certainly have raised if villain had made the same bet that he made on the turn, but him increasing his bet size when the overcard comes is atypical for people with a naked pair of Q. I think just calling is probably the safe way to go.

Hope it helps.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

I'd also c-bet the flop regardless of it being nl2, the fact is we don't know our opponents so if we give up the initiative we'll have no idea what to do with AK-high even if it happens to be the best hand. Just betting the flop to take it down against all sorts of hands that completely whiffed such a dry board is generally a better option.

As played I don't really mind the turn call, who knows what this random fishy looking guy is taking a weak stab with after it's checked around, it's just not that easy to have a hand on that board. That might force you to call another weak bet on blank rivers tho.

As played on the river I'd hesitate between calling and raising. I'd certainly have raised if villain had made the same bet that he made on the turn, but him increasing his bet size when the overcard comes is atypical for people with a naked pair of Q. I think just calling is probably the safe way to go.

Hope it helps.
      Always helps chap, thank you.