Avoiding tilt after bad plays getting rewarded

• chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      How to avoid tilt after stuff like this happens?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1730)
      Hero (SB) (t1270)

Hero's M: 42.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A
      Hero bets t40, BB raises to t160, Hero calls t120

Flop: (t320) 3, 2, 6 (2 players)
      BB bets t120, Hero raises to t360, BB raises to t1570 (All-In), Hero calls t750 (All-In)

Turn: (t2540) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2540) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2540

Villian shows Ace 4

Maybe just go up in limits so that I can play less bad players?
  • 58 replies
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chessmaster1234

either that or give them some bad beats back
      instead of tilting use the bad beat constructively and take a shot that isnt TOO horrible for your bankroll or try out a looser LAG strategy like the pros use
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Wow..

First of all, if every time I read that I received a dollar I'd be fkn rich. That's microstakes players' biggest fallacy.

Second why did you go broke on that flop with Ace high? I see people do that all time. It's a big leak.

You played it very badly why play higher stakes with better opponents?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You may have been dominating preflop but when the flop came down and the money went in (Why were you calling on that flop btw?) he at least had some sort of draw on, whereas you just had 2 overcards.
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      I just get so frustrated when i know hes bluffing and i make a unbelievable call then he rivers a straight or flush.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      I think you need to add a NOT to the subject of this thread:

Avoiding tilt after bad plays NOT getting rewarded

:f_eek: :f_eek:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Sure OP, go up in limits, you'll meet lots of friendly (but lonely) regs waiting to play a friendly match, or two, or three or whatever
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      He was clearly ahead vs the opponent so stop calling OP bad. This is an HU sng, not FR. He has to play to the specific opponent. Obviously the variance will be higher vs loose donks like the opponent in this hand.
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      i usually play 2$ Hu sngs. At the start of every session i play one 1$ hu to see if variance is on my side. If stuff like this happens i can easily take a break without losing to much money playing on tilt.
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Originally posted by cyzo
      He was clearly ahead vs the opponent so stop calling OP bad. This is an HU sng, not FR. He has to play to the specific opponent. Obviously the variance will be higher vs loose donks like the opponent in this hand.
      Yes he was ahead but did he had enough of a read to go broke? Besides the blinds were so small he could wait for a better spot than ace high...
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      TO be completely honest about our question....

If you tilted because the villian caught a card on the river....>realize that you are playing poker and it happens, no tilt required.

If you tilted because you had a read that you were ahead and the villian sucked out to beat you.....>realize you are playing poker and it happens AND that is the situations you want, no tilt required.

If you tilted because you figure you are better than the villian and you are upset that he beat you.....>realize you are playing poker and your ego does not play for you.....your brain does and it plays alot better than your ego, no tilt required.

If you tilted because you made a bad play at a bad time and you got beat.....>realize that you are playing poker and it happens, learn from your mistakes do not complain about them, no tilt required.

Realize that the world is against you at poker, realize that it is a straight up hill climp on a slippery slope playing poker and realize that blaming loses, losing sessions, bad hands, idiots and every other negative factor in poker on tilting is just a BIG EXCUSE. Avoid tilt by training yourself not to tilt, just like training your self at any other endevour.

I will not even get into the variance comment on our side or not.....because next you will talking about if you get AA on your first hand you know you are in for a lucky session....

Oh and the hand itself.....quite crapola.
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      At the start of every session i play one 1$ hu to see if variance is on my side.
      What does that mean. Do you move up if variance is on your side and quit if its not? because I actually heard that if you win 1 you are more than likely to lose the next.
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      I think you are falsely assuming that luck can be controlled. You have to realize there is nothing you can do about it. Just keep playing.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      This is key...

Hero's M: 42.33

I have to give a +1 to NightFrostaSS... at higher buy-ins you will get humiliated if you keep calling pushes this early with A high...
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      ok made some adjustments. Playing only 2$ hu sngs, even at the start of the session. After bad beats i just take a break, not think about poker and then return after i get my confidence back. Is there any Hu sng hand evaluation on this forum? or do I just post hands in the sng forum?
    • chessmaster1234
      chessmaster1234
      Bronze
      This is against the same opponent. Just sick

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.15 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t1660)
      BB (t1340)

Hero's M: 55.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      Hero bets t40, BB raises to t1340 (All-In), Hero calls t1300

Flop: (t2680) 6, 8, K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t2680) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t2680) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2680

Results:
      Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and tens).
      BB had 10, J (three of a kind, tens).
      Outcome: BB won t2680

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.15 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t1280)
      BB (t1720)

Hero's M: 21.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
      Hero bets t120, BB raises to t1720 (All-In), Hero calls t1160 (All-In)

Flop: (t2560) 6, 3, 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t2560) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2560) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2560

Results:
      Hero had Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
      BB had J, Q (flush, Queen high).
      Outcome: BB won t2560

Guess im done for today.
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      Don't stop when that happens. Rematch such horrible opponents!
    • crowes
      crowes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cyzo
      At the start of every session i play one 1$ hu to see if variance is on my side.
      What does that mean. Do you move up if variance is on your side and quit if its not? because I actually heard that if you win 1 you are more than likely to lose the next.
      Better way is to take a deck of cards and pik one and if it is a face card play if is not dont play. U will save that $ for the face card day =) =) =)
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      To answer the initial question.
      I borrowed coping with tilt from out fellow sportsmen - tennis players.

When they're frustrated they just smash the racket and continue playing like before (at least the good ones). Instead of venting out by hitting the ball constantly in the net or wide...

So if you're pissed try yelling, and if that doesn't help maybe kick or hit something...don't go all in every hand to vent.
      I personally like calling those lucky donks "idiot", "donk", "lucker"... depending on how severe the suckout/bad play is ... I know it's not nice but essentially it's the truth and it keeps me from tilting so, meh.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hitting your table with mouse really helps too. ;) You'll need some spare mouses though.