[NL20-NL50] NL25 - FR - QJs - TPTK on Turn + FlushDraw - Vs Fish

• wowadvisor
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J.
      7 folds, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 7, 6, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, SB raises to $6.75, Hero calls $3.75.

Turn: ($15.5) J (2 players)
      SB bets $13.50, Hero raises to $17.25(All-In), SB calls $3.75.

River: ($50) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $50.

Flushdraw and TPTK against a fish... is extremely strong in my opinion..

My problem is that the fish can have any two cards...

I just really want a good bit of advice.

Thank you very much
  • 4 replies
    • Gabinr1
      I would have 3bet pf. Then cbet/fold Flop. Ch behind T. Call medium size bet R (if 9 or 5 doesn't come).

I don't know how good is that line that I wrote, but that's what I would have done.

Call preflop is also good against fish, because you can dominate him postflop. With your preflop line, I would just call his F cbet and I would raise/fold T. I don't think his bluffing here, unless he is a maniac, but his not, he is a fish.

Anyway, I think you can avoid these hard scenarios by playing more nity in this situation. But nevertheless, this are good spots to learn and improve your game.

It's pretty nasty when you see that fish has just raised you, more often than not you are faced with 2 pairs.
    • wowadvisor
      thank you for your comment, i post these hands to learn more when i try out new plays.

i agree that i was too aggresive.. im overall too aggresive on every street.. i have to learn when just to call or fold all together.. those are my big leaks.

thank you :)
    • Kaitz20
      although you have flushdraws and two overcards, you´re not really happy to get your money in, so I would just call flop, call turn and likely call him down
      He can have there any 2 cards, but he can also have there two pair or straight if you face a lot of action
    • wowadvisor
      thank you, i will be more careful against fish next time