How to make the most money from LAG's?

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Up to now I had always been 3 betting lightly these what I call "serial button raisers", guys that raise virtually every time they're on the button or cutoff in an unraised hand, of which there a ton in NL5. But now I'm thinking there could be more profitable situations after some things I saw in coachings and videos.

For example, if I'm bu or bb with AA, that it's probable or certain no more players will join the hand, and one of these lags raises CO or MP3, might it not be more profitable to call then to get the easy fold on a 3 bet? Should I be calling and floating vs. these LAGS with premium hands?

I've tried varying my 3 bet sizes, but this didn't help. These players will fold to even a min reraise the great majority of the time - since they obviously have shit.
  • 10 replies
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      These players will fold to even a min reraise the great majority of the time - since they obviously have shit.
      Not sure you can class these as LAGs if they fold all the time - loose aggressive generally stay in the pots hoping for flush draws, sets and straights - or to bluff out nits!

These sound like blind stealers and the best thing to do is reraise, watch them fold and take the money!
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      I don't think is good to slow play them, just take the money pre-flop and be happy with it.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jass1960
      These players will fold to even a min reraise the great majority of the time - since they obviously have shit.
      Not sure you can class these as LAGs if they fold all the time - loose aggressive generally stay in the pots hoping for flush draws, sets and straights - or to bluff out nits!

These sound like blind stealers and the best thing to do is reraise, watch them fold and take the money!
      Yeah, I think you coined up a better term, yes that's what I'm talking about, "blinds stealers". These idiots that all they do is raise all the time from co and bu and fold like 90% of the times you 3 bet them.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strosdegoz
      I don't think is good to slow play them, just take the money pre-flop and be happy with it.
      OK, I guess I'll maintain the status quo and not get into trouble.
    • kittenslikemilk
      kittenslikemilk
      Bronze
      as a serial button-stealing type, if somebody plays back at me often I tend to call and float or sometimes raise the flop; more often than not this lets me take it down on the turn. if i get much resistance, i drop it.
      if it doesn't work out, that's fine... I make it back from blind stealint the nits to my left ^^
      Other times they'll just have bad timing and play back at me when I actually have a great hand. Which is ++yumyum.

Sometimes it's best to let those blinds go. Keep an eye on how AG the LAG is. Some of them are just LAR (loose and retarded).
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      If they keep folding to 3bets I'd say it's very profitable lol.
      If he's any good I guess he'll pick up on it and adapt though? Start 4betting lighter or coldcall to put you in awkward spots to give you a hard time.
      Basically what kittenslikemilk said. Well maybe not at NL5, but expect this in the future.
      You should become a "serial button raiser" yourself I'd say.
    • A7thecleave
      A7thecleave
      Bronze
      just do this:
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $69.15
      MP2:
      $77.55
      MP3:
      $6.35
      CO:
      $50.00
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB (Hero):
      $66.15
      BB:
      $54.60

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, K.
      MP1 calls $0.50, 2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) K, 9, 9 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $4.50, CO folds, Hero calls $4.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($11) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $11.00, Hero calls $11.00.

River: ($33) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $53.15, Hero calls $50.15.

Final Pot: $136.3.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and nines(T K).
      MP1 shows two pairs, nines and fours(4 8).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and nines(T K).

(MP1 stats: VPIP:100%, 3-bet 75% after around 20 hands :) )
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Lol A7thecleave this has nothing to do with the topic. Guy hasn't raised he limped and you called. OP has trouble with loose stealers.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Up to now I had always been 3 betting lightly these what I call "serial button raisers", guys that raise virtually every time they're on the button or cutoff in an unraised hand, of which there a ton in NL5. But now I'm thinking there could be more profitable situations after some things I saw in coachings and videos.

For example, if I'm bu or bb with AA, that it's probable or certain no more players will join the hand, and one of these lags raises CO or MP3, might it not be more profitable to call then to get the easy fold on a 3 bet? Should I be calling and floating vs. these LAGS with premium hands?

I've tried varying my 3 bet sizes, but this didn't help. These players will fold to even a min reraise the great majority of the time - since they obviously have shit.
      3bet 100% from blinds vs LP then ....
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      lags are good players who play loose not loose agg fish who try to imitate or just dont know what they are doing .
      Me myself if i see a player very tight ill attack his blinds always and many times fold to 3bets, if i feel like he is playing back and defending i ll be more cautious.
      so ihad this table full of nitts and tags, and won almost with no flops just by stealing the blinds and contibetting on the flop.