This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 25 AK

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $31,04
      Hero:
      $4,65

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , A:club:
      UTG calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 3 folds, BU calls $1,25, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,10) 3:heart: , 2:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2,25, Hero raises to $3,40 (All-In), BU calls $1,15.

Turn: ($9,90) K:diamond:
      River: ($9,90) K:club:

Final Pot: $9,90

I´ve seen that move by Alaton when he was still coaching. If BU doesn´t have pocket pair, then I´m ahead and I can go check/all-in for value.. Also I have 6 outs to my overcards and maybe one backdoor flush draw. So what do you think should I always bet/fold here or maybe it is acceptable check/all-in:P
  • 3 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Bronze
      I would cbet or check/fold flop. After your preflop raise his donk bet indicates over pair, often you'r behind here and the amount that you raise on the flop won't scare him for sure.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hmm I like that play here, when you have some reads on your opponent. You have 6 Outs here + Backdoor Flushdraw and Backdoor Straightdraw. And a C-Bet would commit you anyway. So it depends what is higher in this spot. The chance that he fold, or the chance that he makes a (semi)bluff bet here with a Flushdraw, Straightdraw or Overcards against you´re ahead here?

If second then check/All-In is nice, otherwise C-Bet/Call is better here.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi kaitz20!

I like this move as well. As Alaton said: If villain doesn't have an overpair you are ahead and even if he has it you have some outs. Plus a small fold equity this check/all-in should be a profitable move. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81