[NL2-NL10] Nl 25 AK

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      BU:
      $31,04
      Hero:
      $4,65

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , A:club:
      UTG calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 3 folds, BU calls $1,25, 3 folds.

Flop: ($3,10) 3:heart: , 2:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2,25, Hero raises to $3,40 (All-In), BU calls $1,15.

Turn: ($9,90) K:diamond:
      River: ($9,90) K:club:

Final Pot: $9,90

I´ve seen that move by Alaton when he was still coaching. If BU doesn´t have pocket pair, then I´m ahead and I can go check/all-in for value.. Also I have 6 outs to my overcards and maybe one backdoor flush draw. So what do you think should I always bet/fold here or maybe it is acceptable check/all-in:P
  • 3 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I would cbet or check/fold flop. After your preflop raise his donk bet indicates over pair, often you'r behind here and the amount that you raise on the flop won't scare him for sure.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hmm I like that play here, when you have some reads on your opponent. You have 6 Outs here + Backdoor Flushdraw and Backdoor Straightdraw. And a C-Bet would commit you anyway. So it depends what is higher in this spot. The chance that he fold, or the chance that he makes a (semi)bluff bet here with a Flushdraw, Straightdraw or Overcards against you´re ahead here?

If second then check/All-In is nice, otherwise C-Bet/Call is better here.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi kaitz20!

I like this move as well. As Alaton said: If villain doesn't have an overpair you are ahead and even if he has it you have some outs. Plus a small fold equity this check/all-in should be a profitable move. Nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81