Rakeback, do you count it as bankroll?

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      So, what does everyone do? Calculate rakeback into your bankroll or not?

I'm in the situation of being halfway to NL10 in terms of bankroll despite being down overall in winnings since starting NL5. I've heard of a lot of people in higher limits "playing for rakeback" and that being just breakeven appears to be fine as long as you're making enough rakeback?? Weird concept, but I guess profit is profit as long as your bankroll is moving up?
  • 10 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      yes i count it towards my bank roll and beleive most people do.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      So, what does everyone do? Calculate rakeback into your bankroll or not?

I'm in the situation of being halfway to NL10 in terms of bankroll despite being down overall in winnings since starting NL5. I've heard of a lot of people in higher limits "playing for rakeback" and that being just breakeven appears to be fine as long as you're making enough rakeback?? Weird concept, but I guess profit is profit as long as your bankroll is moving up?
      It's all good counting rakeback as a part of your bank roll but if that's the only place your profit is coming from you should work on your game before moving up.

How many hands have you played at NL5? The problem is, if you're losing slightly at nl5 or breaking even then your losses will be bigger at nl10 and you don't want to move up just to blow your roll and have to move back down again.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      for me , Once I hit NL20+, rakeback is for taking out as profit, while the rest of my winnings stay in my account :) .
    • rjacobs003
      rjacobs003
      Bronze
      Definitely. I even count it as part of my win-rate. I draw down monthly on my poker account and rakeback forms an important part of overall profitability
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Rakeback is so important as winning actually.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      yes i count rake, its just my money that they stole from me in the first place
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Yes, I count it as part of my bankroll but I wouldn't move up if i couldn't profit at the lower limit without rakeback
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      yes i count rake, its just my money that they stole from me in the first place
      That's a really good point. I think it applies doubly to SNG. For example partypoker micro SNG have such sick rake, that a profitable player is actually doubling the money he put into the prize pool with a for example 20-30% ROI. So for example the "partypoint cash bonuses" which are like rakeback is really literally just giving you back part of the huge amount they stole from you.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o
      Yes, I count it as part of my bankroll but I wouldn't move up if i couldn't profit at the lower limit without rakeback
      +1

solid advice
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      lol rakeback is like 40% of my monthly profit. my games would be nearly unbeatable without it.