[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Sh Kk

• RahXephon1
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP2 raises to $2.00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $2.00, BU calls $2.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($6.75) J, T, 8 (3 players)
      MP2 bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00, BU folds.

Turn: ($16.75) 2 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $13.00, Hero calls $13.00.

River: ($42.75) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $30.00, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $42.75.

Villain is 17/11 with agression factor 1 and no donkbets in 200 hands. Should I have folded earlier? Raising the flop is overplaying it probably against those kinds of opponents?
  • 3 replies
    • TetraQuark
      I would just 3b him pref being that you are both deep.

He is probably playing agro his draws if he is the pf agressor. Flop is nasty but he is prob playing AJ and QQ the same way.

You are behind TT JJ 88 JT AA 99, ahead of KQ 9T QQ AJ. As played if I called turn I would call river too. Also think folding turn is ok.
    • Gabinr1
      Definitely 3bet ip. I would 3bet to $6 and call for set value a 4bet of $16.

With your preflop line I would call River, he could have QQ and AJ.

Lets see what the Equilator says it's the best decision on the River.
      I give villain the following range: AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT, AJ, 88 <<>> you have almost 50% equity. If instead of AJ I give him A J you are left with only 28-30% equity.

You have to call 30 to win 102 total (your call included), if you think there's a chance that villain could bet all 3 postflop streets with TPTK, than you have a profitable call.

PS: 200 hands I think It's too small of a samplesize to make any sure affirmation about a player.

Other lines would be to raise/fold Flop, bet/fold Turn, chb River. Or call Flop, raise/fold Turn for easier decisions, because you are beat almost 100% when he raises, but you also would lose value from weaker hands that would continue with their aggression.
    • Kaitz20
      you can sometimes coldcall pf, but I would also prefer 3-bet and putting him pressure since you´re deep
      you can raise/fold on the flop, since I don´t see worse hands than yours that would 3-bet flop and would want to get all-in
      But likely I´d also call
      River is close. Hard him to see valuebetting there AJ or QQ. This can be bluff sometimes, but since flushdraw got there and he should c/c or c/f with Jx/QQ then fold is fine