Super Turbo Heads up

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I've been playing some super turbo's heads up on betmost. And i really started to wonder if i'm just playing bad or running bad. I haven't played many yet, but i'm running at -30% ROI in 80 hu sng. Which is about 30-40% of my bankroll on that site gone.

So these HU are pretty crazy.. The blinds rise every minute. After 4 minutes your down to 15BB with your starting stack. after 5 mins your at 7,5BB. So obviously this is probably one of the highest variance types of poker you could play. But how bad can you actualy run? Since your edge is so small, is it actualy possible to be at -30% ROI even if your one of the worst players in the world?

And maybe any advice if anyone plays something similar. I shove pretty loose, probably Qx+, any pair and like 78o+ at 50/100. Alot of people are pretty easy to abuse, but i keep running into Ax hands. Or lose 10 flips in a row. Some of these players are so bad and it's really frustrating. Because alot can't even fold like a high card.. Which sounds great but then i never get action either when i do have it.
  • 5 replies
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      don't play SUPER TURBOS. Pretty much luck draw.

Ive won a few in 3 minutes from all ins
    • karlo123
      karlo123
      Black
      some points:

- 80 sngs is really nothing in this games
      - it´s easy possible to run so bad for 80 sngs
      - your pushingrange is ok, sometimes you must be tighter with Qx if x is low but the rest is not to loose
      - if you loose 10 fips in a row it means you loose 5 sngs to much and in 80 sngs this is extremly big part of your roi of -30%
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      maybe the rake is really high
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      The rake is 5%, the only reason i'm playing them is actualy for a rake race.. But i might just give up on them.. I'll play another session today, and hopefully i'll run a bit better.. I'd honestly be already happy with breaking even.. But it's tough to put in alot of volume when you run at -30% ROI.

edit: i started to think a little about pushing ranges. Do you guys think i'd be profitable to push any two cards at 100/200? they'd onlly have to fold a few hands and you'd already have a 3 to 1 chiplead. And how about at 200/300? The icm suggest pushing 70-75% at 100/200 though, I imagine it being nearly everything at 200/300?
    • karlo123
      karlo123
      Black
      you have to look to the callingrange of your opponents. if they are tight (and someone who calls only 30% at 300/150 is to weak so you can push any 2. If the opponent calls 70% it seems to be not the best idea pushing any 2.

Take the equilator and have a look or use sng wizard (the quiz for example).