Cash Games Vs SNG

• booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      I always thought of myself as a SNG player, having consistent results. But recently I have had huge swings and being very inconsistent with my play and my results.

Ive switched to cash games and rarely had a negative session....

Has anyone else had this happen ?(
  • 7 replies
    • SeriousThreat
      SeriousThreat
      Bronze
      In last couple of days, I understood that it's not worth to play only SnG's too, so I will learn some cash game strategy either.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      probably goes something like this.

best for bankroll building:

micro stakes: sng. folding ITM <3
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously). sh possibly a bit better than fr, can't comment on this
      medium stakes (something like NL/PLO200+): nl bss fr, plo cash games, mtts, live nl cash games
      high stakes: mtts and live cash games and it's not even close
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by booger6o4
      I always thought of myself as a SNG player, having consistent results. But recently I have had huge swings and being very inconsistent with my play and my results.

Ive switched to cash games and rarely had a negative session....

Has anyone else had this happen ?(
      I thought this.... Until I hit variance in cash games too! Variance exists in all forms of poker. It may be a little worse in sng's due to the push\fold phase but ultimately you should play the variant you enjoy most because there will be bad variance no matter what you do.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      All types of poker has varience, even tho its a lot bigger in sng then in cash micros where people are really really terrible. Personally i like to keep it interesting so i play w/e i feel like it. If im a mood for cash games i'll play cash and if i've got the time i really like MTT's. But yeah, if im having a bad week in cash games then i play sngs and vice versa. I'd recommend playing what ever you enyoj the most :)
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      probably goes something like this.

best for bankroll building:

micro stakes: sng. folding ITM <3
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously). sh possibly a bit better than fr, can't comment on this
      medium stakes (something like NL/PLO200+): nl bss fr, plo cash games, mtts, live nl cash games
      high stakes: mtts and live cash games and it's not even close
      nice helpful post :f_thumbsup:

thanks
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously).

Why?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously).

Why?
      cause ppl at nl50sh suck at poker generally. even the regulars. i guess they are slowly getting better, but usually the ones who are good have moved up already. the list i gave is what i'd probably rebuild with if i happened to go busto.