This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cash Games Vs SNG

• booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      I always thought of myself as a SNG player, having consistent results. But recently I have had huge swings and being very inconsistent with my play and my results.

Ive switched to cash games and rarely had a negative session....

Has anyone else had this happen ?(
  • 7 replies
    • SeriousThreat
      SeriousThreat
      Bronze
      In last couple of days, I understood that it's not worth to play only SnG's too, so I will learn some cash game strategy either.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      probably goes something like this.

best for bankroll building:

micro stakes: sng. folding ITM <3
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously). sh possibly a bit better than fr, can't comment on this
      medium stakes (something like NL/PLO200+): nl bss fr, plo cash games, mtts, live nl cash games
      high stakes: mtts and live cash games and it's not even close
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by booger6o4
      I always thought of myself as a SNG player, having consistent results. But recently I have had huge swings and being very inconsistent with my play and my results.

Ive switched to cash games and rarely had a negative session....

Has anyone else had this happen ?(
      I thought this.... Until I hit variance in cash games too! Variance exists in all forms of poker. It may be a little worse in sng's due to the push\fold phase but ultimately you should play the variant you enjoy most because there will be bad variance no matter what you do.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      All types of poker has varience, even tho its a lot bigger in sng then in cash micros where people are really really terrible. Personally i like to keep it interesting so i play w/e i feel like it. If im a mood for cash games i'll play cash and if i've got the time i really like MTT's. But yeah, if im having a bad week in cash games then i play sngs and vice versa. I'd recommend playing what ever you enyoj the most :)
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      probably goes something like this.

best for bankroll building:

micro stakes: sng. folding ITM <3
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously). sh possibly a bit better than fr, can't comment on this
      medium stakes (something like NL/PLO200+): nl bss fr, plo cash games, mtts, live nl cash games
      high stakes: mtts and live cash games and it's not even close
      nice helpful post :f_thumbsup:

thanks
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously).

Why?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      small stakes: (like 16$ sngs and nl50 cash games): nl cash games (bss obviously).

Why?
      cause ppl at nl50sh suck at poker generally. even the regulars. i guess they are slowly getting better, but usually the ones who are good have moved up already. the list i gave is what i'd probably rebuild with if i happened to go busto.