Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.12
      Hero:
      $2.50

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:club:
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.36) 9:heart: , A:club: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.84) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.84) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.08 (All-In), SB calls $1.28.

Final Pot: $5.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Ts Tc)
      SB shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Jh Ah)

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens (Ts Tc)

Did I play this hand correctly? I 3bet preflop because the SB had tried the steal a few times recently. Then the flop was a standard conti-bet, was the bet size right? And was I right to check behind on the turn? On the river I was a bit worried Villian had made the straight with KQ, which was well in his range, but I thought I was right to be calling?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine since villain looks to be calling a lot.

On the flop I usually check it back, we only have 3rd pair and there are a ton of hands that just won't fold on that board. Any two cards higher than 87 will pick up some piece and against bad players who play a lot of broadway cards, we're already 2-outing against a bunch of Ax/Jx hands.

Turn check is fine, since the flop was close to begin with there is less and less value in betting.

River is fine as well, there are quite a few two pair hands villain could have out there, and while him having 8x is always a possibility, I think it's worth the value shove against people that call too much, a category which this guy seem to fit nicely.

Hope it helps.