This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT hand

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.12
      Hero:
      $2.50

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , T:club:
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.36) 9:heart: , A:club: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.84) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.84) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.08 (All-In), SB calls $1.28.

Final Pot: $5.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Ts Tc)
      SB shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Jh Ah)

Hero wins with three of a kind, tens (Ts Tc)

Did I play this hand correctly? I 3bet preflop because the SB had tried the steal a few times recently. Then the flop was a standard conti-bet, was the bet size right? And was I right to check behind on the turn? On the river I was a bit worried Villian had made the straight with KQ, which was well in his range, but I thought I was right to be calling?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine since villain looks to be calling a lot.

On the flop I usually check it back, we only have 3rd pair and there are a ton of hands that just won't fold on that board. Any two cards higher than 87 will pick up some piece and against bad players who play a lot of broadway cards, we're already 2-outing against a bunch of Ax/Jx hands.

Turn check is fine, since the flop was close to begin with there is less and less value in betting.

River is fine as well, there are quite a few two pair hands villain could have out there, and while him having 8x is always a possibility, I think it's worth the value shove against people that call too much, a category which this guy seem to fit nicely.

Hope it helps.