$0.90
      BU:
      $0.97
      SB:
      $5.23
      BB:
      $5.03

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.23) J, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.63) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP3 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.12, MP3 calls $1.52.

River: ($4.87) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.87.

Results follow:

MP3 shows a straight, ace high(As Th).
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks(Jc Jh).

MP3 wins with a straight, ace high(As Th).

Should i had pushed all in? Player was a fish with very agressive stats..
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I suggest you go read the No-limit articles before you play any more hands summermonkey. You're making some basic but very costly mistakes which can easily be avoided if you just spend half an hour reading through the material pokerstrategy provides. I'll sum up the mistakes in this hand but just taking a quick look at this one suggests you probably have a lot of other leaks to.

Anyway here goes: Don't raise to 3bb on NL2 (in fact don't raise to 3bb at all below NL50... Make it 4 like the strategy articles say or even 5bb here on NL2, people call you with anything on these stakes. JJ is the 4th best hand in texas hold'em and you want to be able to get value from it. His min-3bet I'm just calling to.

The flop is fine to check/raise as villain made a 3bet pre-flop and he's like to bet a K high board. But your check/raise has to be way bigger, he's not gonna fold any Kx hands or Aces or w/e so raise bigger so you can actually get your stack in by the river + you need to protect against draws (gutshots, flush draws etc). So just check/raise to like ~$0.5 (potsize + 3 x villain bet size = $0.23 + 3 x $0.10).

On the turn, make your bet bigger... like $0.50. You still don't wanna see a 3rd spade, nor do you wanna see a T hit the board on the river so any ace has you beat. As played I'm not folding anymore either so I'm playing bet/broke on the turn to of course.

So please, think about said things and read some NLHE articles.

Oh and PS: you flopped a set not trips. If you make 3 of a kind with a pocket pair in your hand we call it a set. If you make 3 of a kind with 1 pocket card and 2 on the board we call them trips.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      I suggest you go read the No-limit articles before you play any more hands summermonkey. You're making some basic but very costly mistakes which can easily be avoided if you just spend half an hour reading through the material pokerstrategy provides. I'll sum up the mistakes in this hand but just taking a quick look at this one suggests you probably have a lot of other leaks to.

Anyway here goes: Don't raise to 3bb on NL2 (in fact don't raise to 3bb at all below NL50... Make it 4 like the strategy articles say or even 5bb here on NL2, people call you with anything on these stakes. JJ is the 4th best hand in texas hold'em and you want to be able to get value from it. His min-3bet I'm just calling to.

The flop is fine to check/raise as villain made a 3bet pre-flop and he's like to bet a K high board. But your check/raise has to be way bigger, he's not gonna fold any Kx hands or Aces or w/e so raise bigger so you can actually get your stack in by the river + you need to protect against draws (gutshots, flush draws etc). So just check/raise to like ~$0.5 (potsize + 3 x villain bet size = $0.23 + 3 x $0.10).

On the turn, make your bet bigger... like $0.50. You still don't wanna see a 3rd spade, nor do you wanna see a T hit the board on the river so any ace has you beat. As played I'm not folding anymore either so I'm playing bet/broke on the turn to of course.

So please, think about said things and read some NLHE articles.

Oh and PS: you flopped a set not trips. If you make 3 of a kind with a pocket pair in your hand we call it a set. If you make 3 of a kind with 1 pocket card and 2 on the board we call them trips.
      Couldn't agree more.

As for the end result, if villain really is an aggressive fish, he's very likely to play all sorts of worse hands like that up to and including him calling it off on the turn. Think QJ,KQ, anything that resemble a combodraw on the turn like KdXd or random KT-like hands. Since you still have outs against pretty much anything and you'll often get it in as a big favorite, you can't feel bad about going broke there.

Hope it helps.