This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5/fr - qq

• shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.02
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $5.36

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.78 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.85, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.65, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.95) 4:diamond: , 8:heart: , A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.95) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.50, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.95
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop and flop are fine, depending on how good/aggressive MP3 can be when you don't c-bet there might be the option of starting with a check. When in doubt a c-bet is fine.

Turn would be somewhat gross against people capable of floating that A-high flop with air hands, probably forcing you into check/calling. At nl5 tho, I just don't think you'll get people to peel the 3-bet and the flop c-bet with hands that need to bluff on that turn card, so I wouldn't level myself into calling there against anybody who seems remotely decent. Especially when he makes it so small, most players will still bet 1/2 pot or more when bluffing to make sure you don't peel that light.

Hope it helps.