$11.00
      BB (Hero):
      $16.40
      MP2:
      $12.08
      MP3:
      $5.45

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, Q.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) A, 6, K (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.34, BU raises to $0.68, Hero calls $0.68, CO folds.

Turn: ($2.05) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.12, BU calls $2.62.

River: ($10.29) A (2 players)
      Hero raises to $11.50, BU calls $10.09(All-In).

Final Pot: $31.88.
      Results follow:

BU shows a flush, ace high(4 3).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(9 Q).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(9 Q).

Villain unknown - is the river shove okay?
      The fact that he just bet/called instead of bet/shoving on the turn
      made me suspect that he had a set that didn't want to shove due to me indicating that I have him beat with a flush, but he still has boat outs ... Or should my logic instead be that a made flush would do exactly that- bet/call here and looking to shove on the river and sets would instead shove the turn indeed to protect their hand/get max value from worse and draws ... aaand still have outs if it's beat .... ?

I decided to still shove river, hoping he has a weaker flush instead of a boat, since two pair/set would probably raise bigger on the flop, his minraise was itching for calls which made me incline towards the option of him having a flush instead of set/rivered boat
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Your flop play is ok. There's something to be said for raising there cuase a 4th club might kill your action but if you 3bet here your hand is going face up and that might kill your action to... and a flopped flush over flush is unlikely, so calling is fine.

As played your turn check/raise is fine but make it bigger (at least $5 imo). Then the river pot becomes $2 bigger and your rest stack $1 smaller so you can shove like $10.5 into $12 instead having to overshove $11.50 into $10.29. Oh well it's ok this way cause he has to call $10.09 into $10.29 but it's close. I just like to get some extra value on the turn from a hand like A:x J that can't fold the turn with the 2nd nuts flush draw but might be able to fold vs a jam on a blank river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd 3-bet the flop regardless. We're 150bb deep with BU and him minraising in that spot usually means he's both bad and strong, which means he's not going to fold what he has and we're very happy to shovel more money in as soon as possible. We might loose action from CO but it's quite unlikely 3 people have a strong hand on the same board, and once he gets minraised and we coldcall the minraise he's probably not going to put any more money in the pot if he's good enough to recognize how strong a 3-bet looks.

As played I agree with Mstlc for the turn raise sizing, and the river is somewhat gross since you can't check/call as villain really can't show up with a hand he'd need to bluff with after minraising flop bet/calling turn so you'd only miss value from worse hands and get stacked by boats if you check/called, it has to be a check/fold if you decide not to bet yourself unless he makes it small. But most likely you still have to shove it in if there is a chance BU is in there with Ax or a worse flush, as once people get to the river and make trips they usually can't lay down their hand, it's like they totally forget flushes are possible because they improved.

Hope it helps.