This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 SH AK

• Mayones
      Mayones
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      Hero:
      $2,10
      CO:
      $1,04

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,07, CO raises to $0,15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2,10 (All-In), CO calls $0,89 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($2,11) 5:diamond: , 8:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Turn: ($2,11) 3:diamond:
      River: ($2,11) 9:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2,11

Good play? What is the right play versus big stack?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pretty standard against a half stack, especially if it's not the first time you see him make a smallish 3-bet, if he ever has anything that he's 3-bet/folding you'll show an immediate profit since there isn't that much money behind that you're risking with a hand like AK that has blockers to really big hands. Such players will likely call it off with a ton of pocket pairs and decent broadways after 3-betting.

Against a full stack we'd be risking more than twice this amount on a shove and villain would be much more likely to not call it off with marginal hands like medium pocket pairs and AJ/AQ type stuff. So shoveling in 100bb to only get called by let's say JJ+, maybe AK/TT, would be a lot worse of an option. I'd say 4-betting small and possibly folding to a ~min3-bet/5-bet line would be viable, as people just don't go that insane that often and will likely show you a big pair when they take that line, even if they min3-bet a lot of crap to begin with. Calling for that price would be fine as well even out of position. I'd pretty much never 4-bet/jam it since AK is not the nuts against the fish, he'd have to be pretty damn aggro for me to decide it's okay to go up against a min3bet/5bet line from a fish.

Hope it helps.