Mayones
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      Hero:
      $2,10
      CO:
      $1,04

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,07, CO raises to $0,15, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2,10 (All-In), CO calls $0,89 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($2,11) 5:diamond: , 8:diamond: , Q:spade:
      Turn: ($2,11) 3:diamond:
      River: ($2,11) 9:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2,11

Good play? What is the right play versus big stack?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pretty standard against a half stack, especially if it's not the first time you see him make a smallish 3-bet, if he ever has anything that he's 3-bet/folding you'll show an immediate profit since there isn't that much money behind that you're risking with a hand like AK that has blockers to really big hands. Such players will likely call it off with a ton of pocket pairs and decent broadways after 3-betting.

Against a full stack we'd be risking more than twice this amount on a shove and villain would be much more likely to not call it off with marginal hands like medium pocket pairs and AJ/AQ type stuff. So shoveling in 100bb to only get called by let's say JJ+, maybe AK/TT, would be a lot worse of an option. I'd say 4-betting small and possibly folding to a ~min3-bet/5-bet line would be viable, as people just don't go that insane that often and will likely show you a big pair when they take that line, even if they min3-bet a lot of crap to begin with. Calling for that price would be fine as well even out of position. I'd pretty much never 4-bet/jam it since AK is not the nuts against the fish, he'd have to be pretty damn aggro for me to decide it's okay to go up against a min3bet/5bet line from a fish.

Hope it helps.