Pokerstrategy Series Of Poker!!!!

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

As you may have seen I have been trying to get a Weekly Community Tournament going for just PokerStrategy and FTP players and the feedback has been very impressive.

So with it being WSOP time it got me thinking some more (yes I know, thats dangerous!) and I came up with the following idea!

How about.....

wait for it....

wait some more.....

A POKERSTRATEGY SERIES OF POKER!!!!!!!!!!

Exclusively for PokerStrategy members with buy in's ranging from $1 to 5$

Here is the event list I have came up with......

Event 1 NL Holdem Buy in $1 + $0.50
      Event 2 FL Holdem Buy in $1 + $0.50
      Event 3 PL Omaha Buy in $1 + $0.50
      Event 4 FL H.O.R.S.E Buy in $1 +$0.50
      Event 5 NL Holdem (6 max) Buy in $2 + $0.50
      Event 6 NL Holdem (Rebuy) Buy in $1 + $0.50
      Event 7 FL Razz Buy in $1 +$0.10
      Event 8 NL Holdem (DeepStack) Buy in $3 + $1
      Event 9 NL Rush Buy in $3 + $0.50
      Event 10 (ME) NL Holdem (Triple Stack) Buy in $5 + $1

After contacting FTP I have noticed that the minimum rake for a private tournament is .50c and for a double stack the min rake is $1.

I'm still unsure of the availability of a private triple stack tournament so this might be a problem.

I also contacted FTP about maybe adding a guarantee to the Main Event however they told me to contact PokerStrategy first.

I was hoping that we can have a tournament leader board that would give the top 5 finishers something extra from either FTP or PokerStrategy but I'm not quite sure about that happening.

Anyways, let me know what you all think!

Don't forget our PokerStrategy Weekly tournament takes place this Sunday, July 4th at 13.00ET

Kindest regards,
      HollyMichelle
  • 40 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Would be really cool. Great honor to win a bracelet :f_biggrin:
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Something like this would be awesome. Given the 50c minimum rake the buyins should be at least $5. Also I am not sure the pokerstrategy community is big enough for this sort of thing. Full tilt can do their "mini series of poker" because their community is millions big. If we do a pokerstrategy series of poker then you have to pick a poker site which further limits how many people can participate.

It is a brilliant idea... but how to execute it?
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I like it.

And I admire OP for putting so much effort to do sthing new and fun for the whole community while its none of his duties.

Keep it up mate!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Like idea, don't like buy ins
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Like idea, don't like buy ins
      i have to agree
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Whats wrong with the buy ins then guys? Elaboration would be nice please.

Unfortunately the rake situation is beyond my control, as that is the standard for Private Tournaments.

The lower buy in guarantees newbies and lower bankroll players the chance to participate in a "WSOP" type of environment.

I have seen the MSOP on FTP but some of their buy ins are quiet large (i.e the ME is 100$!

I know participants would be quiet small in numbers, but the idea is for OUR COMMUNITY and not for every one.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      1.for every dollar paid as entry fee, 33ct is raked.

2. for non beginners, its not +EV to participate

maybe you can vary the buy ins
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I understand that newbies/microstakers will like the buy ins but no more experienced player will participate or if they do it will be very hard to take it seriously. I myself would end up open shoving every hand or something like that because it's basically freeroll.

Sure it's all about the community bla bla etc but these buy ins target only part of it, which is microstakes players, leaving small/mid/high stakes players without suitable option.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noclaninator
      Given the 50c minimum rake the buyins should be at least $5.
      This is true as well.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks for the constructive criticism guys...

What buy in's would you suggest Supeyrio?

NightFrostaSS the idea of my tournament is for newbies/microstakes players as I feel their is a niche for it. There is millions of games/events/buy ins for the more experienced player.

You could always, set your own higher buy in Series of your own if you wanted.

I'm trying to help the lowest in the food chain gain some experience...

Regards,
      HollyMichelle
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I say go for something from $1 to $25 buy-ins and make ME 10$. Then you would cover the vast majority of the community which is low and mid stakes players. Maybe $25 HORSE? So something like 3 $1 MTTs, 4 $5MTTs, 2 $10MTTs and the $25 HORSE. How about a NL HU shootout tourney among those?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Ok I will revise the buy in situation and see if FTP will do anything about the rake if we do a Series of Tournaments!
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hmm. Maybe pokerstrategy could make theses Series of poker more seriously. I will post my drafts later. :)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      add some highroller events like 109$+ and it would be perfect
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi HollyMichelle,

I have also been working on a return of a community league/BOTD type community event over the last few months with a view to submitting them to PokerStrategy central management for approval. Plans are quite advanced, however still need a little work on to make them acceptable to PokerStrategy and maximum fun for all members involved. The benefits of being officially recognised are of course obvious and considerable.

I have been working on two options, a community league (with a few surprises) solely for the English community and a series of variants similar to yourself but for the whole of PokerStrategy including other language communities.

I too echo other members praise for your enthusiasm and drive to help the community as a whole. Maybe we can work together to make this happen. I would welcome your thoughts, ideas & suggestions and would be happy for you to run or co-run these events.

Drop me a community mail when you get time and we can discuss in more detail.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I like the ideas being discussed but if they are to happen on FTP then I and many others who do not have acconts there would not be involved.

My only active account is currently on 888 and I have no intention of moving just now and I am sure there are many other PokerStrategy members who feel similarly.

It matters not what site a community league is held on it will only be of interest to those who already have accounts on that site and will thus be limited in the number of members that can take part and as such cannot be truly representativeof the community as a whole, just a small part of it.

Don't take my comments, above, the wrong way - I am all in favour of the ideas in this thread and hope they come to fruition and are successfull.

I used to play in all of the APAT online tourneys but when they switched to another site I didn't like and found difficult to use they lost my participation. They probably gained a few hundred others but that meant little to me lol, just as the proposed community league will mean little to me.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fagin
      I like the ideas being discussed but if they are to happen on FTP then I and many others who do not have acconts there would not be involved.

My only active account is currently on 888 and I have no intention of moving just now and I am sure there are many other PokerStrategy members who feel similarly.

It matters not what site a community league is held on it will only be of interest to those who already have accounts on that site and will thus be limited in the number of members that can take part and as such cannot be truly representativeof the community as a whole, just a small part of it.

Don't take my comments, above, the wrong way - I am all in favour of the ideas in this thread and hope they come to fruition and are successfull.

I used to play in all of the APAT online tourneys but when they switched to another site I didn't like and found difficult to use they lost my participation. They probably gained a few hundred others but that meant little to me lol, just as the proposed community league will mean little to me.

so whaddya say? can u offer a better suggestion?
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I am havig a lot of free time, while I am moving to FT. I made a little sketch in photoshop how Pokerstrategy series of poker page could look like.
      Yeah! It needs some coding job of course, but I think PokerStrategy is earning enough money to have decent programmer.
      The whole idea imo is really great. I dont know about buyins, maybe something from 1$ to 100$. About main Event. I dont know. It prolly should be the biggest one like 100$, but who can afford that and who will play that if you know that you will be up against decent players? I dont know, balancing needed. Also main event could be 10$ one, because it wont be that much lol donkament like PS freerolls and pretty big part of community could aword to spend 10$.
      Imho PSOP shoould be made like 4 times a year. And a winner could get get smt like "PSOP bracelets x3" or smt like that nezt to forum post count. :D

Also main event video or smt like that would be great, smt like video review like Sunday million has with all cards shown. :)

So here is a little sketch of PSOP page, ofc I used PS SHOP page as base. :D
      yeyey I am not pro photoshoper but PS designers will do smt better anyway. :D

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW!!!
    • Shinersen
      Shinersen
      Gold
      haha very nice bracelet :D