Same player - different site - different ROI

• Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      I am writing down the ROI of my opponents I am up against in SNG and some MTT tournaments, and came up with an interesting discrepancy: The average ROI for any player on site X, is considerably lower, than on site Y. They might be a winning player on site Y, but a losing one on site X.

Can there really be so huge a difference between different rooms, that one is infested with fish, while the other... well, is not?

My own ROI, for example as of today was: X (-5%); Y (+134%). And I am not talking about very small samples.

The only two things I could think of, are the skill level of players, and the types of games offered. Perhaps some structures might be more profitable than others. Though the difference should not be so huge.

I decided not to mention the rooms in question, though it should not be hard to figure it out.
  • 11 replies
    • laimvai
      laimvai
      Bronze
      I also have that problem, profitable on pokerstars and break even on full tilt, but i kind of believe that full tilt is rigged becouse i am not the only one that experiences this, and there are only small portion of players that are winning money there (sngs and mtts) and it looks that all other players have all the missing ev in their hands ;p
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      full tilt is rigged becouse i am not the only one that experiences this

Can't moderators make an exception and allow people to say harsh things when it is relevant?

Have it ever occured to you that full tilt players are better?

Party and iPoker are way fishier than Stars (and i assume FullTilt) when it comes to SNG's. Problem is you can't play as many tables.

But anyway, it goes down to $/hour. Figure out where you make the most. Doesn't matter where you play.

4 tabling 20$ with 10% roi is better then 9 tabling with 2% roi .
    • laimvai
      laimvai
      Bronze
      please quote me properly muppet, becouse i didn't stated that full tilt is rigged, i said that i believe so. + you can't say anything about level of player's becouse players there are horrible.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      i didn't stated that full tilt is rigged, i said that i believe so.

I am not stating you're an idiot, i just believe so. And i have the right to express my beliefs, don't i?
    • JackxxRatt
      JackxxRatt
      Bronze
      I dont play SNG's so wouldn't really know but maybe there's a difference in the fees payable which would affect ROI?
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      you shud mention the rooms

is it ipoker and stars?

i play on those and hav better ROI on ipoker but i still play on stars cuz i can play more tables and its more fun as i hate ipoker software
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      X - Pokerstars
      Y - Full Tilt
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      oh crap i should move from stars :D
    • Styr
      Styr
      Silver
      I moved, and am not going back anytime soon. I even told them they could have my last 7 dollars. :D

The only drawback is, that I joined Full Tilt before Pokerstrategy, thus I have to play without rakeback, and without getting any strategy points for my play. :(
    • Dvince900
      Dvince900
      Global
      O no that totally depends on you .If you are good player then others are bad one but if you don't play well then other will be solid players for you. What do you think?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Styr
      X - Pokerstars
      Y - Full Tilt
      Im up a lot on fulltilt (both cash and mtts/sngs), while im down a LOT on pokerstars. seemingly i just simply run insanely bad on stars