One All In, Two Callers - C Betting

• Greedyfly
      I ask because this seems to happen to me often:

Back early this year when we (myself and the missus) went to a stupid local to play a pub tourney and got hooked (well I did) on this stupid game called poker (love it really) a rather irrate man went ballistic at my lady for betting when someone was all in in a KO tourney. Basically one guys was all in and then there was here and the UTG who both called him. Well she bet on the flop and the bloke went a bit schitz saying that there was no reason to do this for value and that in a tourney you are really only trying to illiminate other players. Over the course of the last few months I have become more and more aware of the unspoken rule or form of 'etiquette', yet recently I have had players doing it back to me. So my question is, where do you guys stand on this? Is it a myth that has perpetuated in NSW, Oz, OR is it a condidered thing which should annoy me to the heights it does?
  • 2 replies
    • mudkip
      Do whatever you want IMO. If you think your hand is strong enough to continue to bet postflop then do it. The guy was probably raging because your missus didn't give him the correct odds to call with his weak draw and suck out the shortstack.
    • rorrlsh
      of course she should continue playing. If she thought she had the best cards, she should continue betting and get value from her hand against him. Why should she wait for him to suck out on some kind of draw and beat her? He would have done the same if he hit the nuts.
      If I was in her situation I would just continue playing as normal as against one opponent. Conti bet, bet bet if she has the best hand. Get maximum value from your hand.