[NL2-NL10] 5nl AA deepstacked facing large river bet

• Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($35.50)
      UTG ($16.56)
      MP ($3.78)
      CO ($5.06)
      Button ($5.41)
      Hero (SB) ($14.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A :heart: , A :heart:
      UTG bets $0.17, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.33

Flop: ($1.05) 4 :spade: , 5 :diamond: , 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, UTG calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.45) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

River: ($6.05) K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $3.70, Hero folds

Total pot: $6.05 | Rake: $0.40

I don't know how to play this hand any better. The only things I can put the villain on are like AK or AQ of diamonds for a flush or 99 for a flopped set or KK for the rivered set. It really seems like I'm beat here, especially against another deep stack who presumably plays decently, since we have no reads.

Or am I giving the villain too much credit? Maybe he was just calling down with AK, hit the K on the river, and thought I had like JJ or QQ and thought he had me beat.

Now that I think about it, I think the best move is just betting the river. What do you guys think?
  • 2 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Diamond
      Bet river and fold if he reraise , because he can bet with any2 cards on the river and you never know where you are.Just go ahead and bet 3.70 into 6$ if he raise you know you are beat but with this lines and the limit you are playing people can bet everything on every street so I don't think you can put him on the hands you said.I'd say they are too paranoid since he didn't raise his set and you can't know if he has flush.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against a fish just heed N0pr3s3n7's advice and bet/fold yourself around 2/3 pot instead of check/folding, who knows what he'll do with 9x/TT-QQ and if he had the Kd somehow he'll never fold it.

Against a reg I won't give him a set after he only called twice. He could have made the flush but it's somewhat sketchy on his part to not raise that turn when he hit it given how deep you are, maybe a small flush could play it safe that way. I still think that most likely he's got some kind of lower pocket pair, and since it's starting to become difficult for him to call down with it I'd probably go something closer to 1/2 pot to make sure he doesn't talk himself into folding too often with the flush getting there and the river K coming in.

Hope it helps.