$4.00
      BU:
      $2.41
      SB:
      $17.18
      BB:
      $8.38

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9, 9.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.92) 6, T, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.55, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $7.93, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.42.

i wanted to take down the pot right there by representing a set. i thought that he was likely to be holding to TT+ , Aj+. and he contibets the flop often.
      i might also be able to make a better hand fold since he is oop. he likes to contibet the turn so i would rather raise fold the flop then call and re-evaluate the turn.
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Call pre to set mine - don't touch the hand when you don't hit. Yeah you look like set but people don't fold their overpairs (why set mining is so profitable :P )
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      Call pre to set mine - don't touch the hand when you don't hit. Yeah you look like set but people don't fold their overpairs (why set mining is so profitable :P )
      That's the jest of it. I know it's tempting to try and pull off bluffs on people in general, but it will hurt you so much at microstakes. You're stuck between fish who simply can't fold and regs who still aren't quite capable of making big folds, you're just screwing yourself over especially when you do it with 2-outers when called.

If you really want to bluff people, target regs and only do it in spots where they can have a lot of air. BU opens, you flat in the BB, he c-bets Q73r, by all means go ahead and check/raise anything, 90% of the time he'll have nothing and have no choice but to fold. But when some random guy makes a small 3-bet BBvsMP1 against you and c-bets the flop, you're very likely up against TT+ so it's simply not worth trying to pull anything.

Hope it helps.