Password problem!

• SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      I have bought HEM, but i cant connect to a postgre sql thingy.

i try to download postgre but when i do it asks me

Please provide a password for the database superuser and service account (postgres). If the service account already exist in windows you must enter the current password for thr account. If the account does not exist it will be created when you click next.

i have tried every possible password 'dbpass' 'postgrespass' none work. Be great if someone could help me as i bought hem and now cant use it!
  • 3 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      What do you mean with downloading postgresql?
      The postgresql installation is included in the HM full installation. This installation uses the password postgrespass for the postgres User.

Or did you have postgresql installed from a previous installation?

Then you should uninstall this version and delete the postgres user:
      - open a command box as administrator
      - type
      net user postgres /delete

After this you can assign a new password for the postgres user during the installation.
    • SamBurton5
      SamBurton5
      Bronze
      im confused, it keeps asking me for the pass word which i dont know! so i cant down loads postgre sql,

how do i get rid of password? where is the open command box as administrator,? thanks for your help. :)

and yes i had it installed and when i downloaded hem it wouldnt connect so am trying to reinstall it but cant installl it back cause dont know password?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Please post a screenshot of the dialogue which asks for the password.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The command box is a standard windows program which you should find in your start menu. To start it as administrator right click on the symbol.