Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($62.68)
      UTG+1 _ZOSO ($18.84)
      CO rossco179 ($71.77)
      BTN BirchyTheLad ($41.60)
      SB AHAHAHAHA ($38.80)
      BB KilledOnRiver ($47.33)

Pre-Flop: ($0.60, 6 players) Hero is UTG J:club: J:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.60, 1 fold, rossco179 calls $1.60, BirchyTheLad raises to $6, 2 folds, $4.4 to Hero ($61.08)?

the preflop caller plays 57/0 over 52 hands
      Squeezer plays 24/20/6% 3bet over 159 hands

During a hand review with a friend i realised calling for set value might be an option. What is the best play here? Call/fold/raise?
  • 5 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      If you call for set value are you sure he is continuing with his bets ? I meant for example he got AK and he squeezes flop comes J 4 5 .You get value only if he decides to bluff otherwise it's -EV to call for set value . You have to call 4.4$ to win 44.60 which is 1 to 10.You got 1 to 11 to make it ok.So if you decide to call and you think he don't "dominate" you (meaning he got QQ KK AA ) you should be all in on flop without overpairs.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      well you got to think about the fish also since we are 150bb deep or so and i get decent pot odds and implied if he calls aswell which is very likely.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      well really though situation maybe a call and than decide on the flop , if you hit Set it's easy if not you can check and see what does the squezer he might be afraid to bet without a any good hand (e.g. missed AK ,AQ etc) in multiway pot.

And actually as i look deeper into your hand you got GREAT position to bluff MANY flops if you think the squezer is weak or is able to fold AA , KK.Your position is simply good because you are in middle of them and the preflop squezer will give you ALOT OF fold equity because you raise in multiway pot.

example:

flop comes 7d 8h Td
      pot: 15 $
      hero check , fish check(if he bet and squezer raises you have to fold,if he bet and squezer just calls i think it's fine to ship) , squezer bet ( here it's very important to right evulate his size of bet . If he bets something like 10$ in 15$ he is way comitted to play AA , KK and maybe something else he wants to play.If he bet lower you got the postion I told you so , I would simply ship it there if this postion occurs .I don't mind going all in with JJ vs the fish on this flop and in case the squezer calls you still got some equity versus overpairs and it's a flip vs AdKd and this type of hands.
      With that said I think it's highly +EV$ to just call and evulate at the flop.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      You can't call for set value if you think he is bluff squeezing. Also, you are out of position, it's hard to get value.

That would be true if the fish wouldn't be involved in the hand. He might just call the squeez also, so I think you have profitable call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would start by calling
      If you have reason to think BU is happy squeezer then you can also 4-bet and call shove since he is 100bb deep
      Depends on my reads I would likely c/r flop when I have overpair and go with my hand