Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $2.00
      Hero:
      $2.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:club: , 8:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 3:spade: , 3:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.34, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.87) 4:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.87) 6:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, eights and threes (7c 8c)
      CO shows two pairs, jacks and threes (Jd Jc)

CO wins with two pairs, jacks and threes (Jd Jc)

Preflop- Villain is very tight so I called with good implied odds as he may find it hard to lay down TT+, AJ+. Right?

Flop- I didn't exactly hit a monster but I felt a reraise was ok to get value out of any high Ace hand he has which I think he would very likely conti-bet on this flop. Would a call flop and see what he does on the turn be better? Maybe AJ+ wouldn't call a reraise on the flop, only a paired hand?

Post flop- Once he called on the flop I was pretty sure I was beat, is there any reason to bet again? I didn't think AJ+ would call again.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Silver
      Preflop standard in position. Calling much more +EV than anything else. If hes fit or fold 3b your semi-trash like A4o.

Flop - call. When you raise you isolate yourself to a range that has you crushed and 2 outing, you can often just see what he does on the turn. On most cards he will just check and you can just valuebet - you'll need to bet to protect from his 3/6 outers.

As played there is just nothing more to the hand. Check/fold every street.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      Preflop standard in position. Calling much more +EV than anything else. If hes fit or fold 3b your semi-trash like A4o.

Flop - call. When you raise you isolate yourself to a range that has you crushed and 2 outing, you can often just see what he does on the turn. On most cards he will just check and you can just valuebet - you'll need to bet to protect from his 3/6 outers.

As played there is just nothing more to the hand. Check/fold every street.
      This. 8/6 players aren't c-betting 3/4 pot just to call a raise with A-high hands ever, he'll just fold everything you beat and call you with overpairs. Hell they might not even c-bet 3/4 pot with air and make it cheaper like 1/2 if they were bluffing, so you might even be raising into an overpair every single time. Just call and see what happens.

Notice he checked it all the way down afterward with JJ, that's how scary your flop raise was to that guy. If he's scared of your raise with JJ, there is no way he's calling you with A-high.

Hope it helps.

Hope it helps.