[NL2-NL10] Nl2 SH- K8s BB

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 8:club:
      2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) 9:diamond: , 6:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.52) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB raises to $1.40, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.22

Preflop- Is it OK to raise here. I felt BU would fold a lot and SB would call with a weaker hands or fold as well?

Flop- Quite a dry board so I thought a conti-bet was pretty standard.

Turn- I felt villain could call flop with a lot of overcards, 9x, 6x, 7x, 8x hands. Is it ok to 2nd barrel here, getting him to fold a lot of overcards or draws? I also had a gutshot and overcard if he did call. I guess its a pretty standard fold when he reraises right?

• 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      Preflop I think is ok. BU is going to give lots of passive dead money, get to play postflop in position against SB who dont look great.

Flop I think is standard, turn I like to bet. You have improved your equity and so he has to fold quite little here for it to be profitable. Plus if he just calls again I will fire on J,Q,K,A.

When he raises so big I am instafolding - you have K high and OESD - but you might already be dead or some outs might not be clean.
    • MaestroOfZerg

If you're comfortable playing K8s out of position 3-way preflop like that I have no problem with you doing it really.

Flop is fine as well, many hands whiffed and will just fold to your c-bet.

On the turn you need to be sure he check/called the flop with overcards that he can actually fold on the turn, because all the other hands improved somehow to stuff like a pair and a gutshot, which you have virtually no fold equity against and you might even get blown off your OESD by people who like to go insane with hands that have "a lot of outs" even when it makes no sense. I don't mind checking it back if you think maybe he's not peeling the flop all that light.

As played when he makes a huge raise easy fold, nothing we can do.

Hope it helps.