Live Chat?!

• ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I don´t know if you guys would like the idea, but I was thinking....sometimes we need to talk to someone "fast". Maybe to avoid tilting, or to discuss a hand quickly. Or any other reason.

My sugestion is to create a live chat on our pokerstrategy site. It would be a great way of bringin the community together and more active.(I know you guys are active, but maybe with a live chat we will be more.)

I know it´s doable, if you guys need help I can help.

I would like to see the opinion of the other members of the community.

Thanks

:s_cool:
  • 9 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      PokerStrategy has IRC channel already, I once chatted there.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      We discussed this topic a couple of times over the years.
      Though we never say never, at the moment we do not have plans for an integrated chat feature on PokerStrategy.com.

Would this make sense for a community with a total of 3,000,000+ users? My guess: it would be chaos.
      Beside the upside of instant action, I already can see heavy flaming, advertisement and all the stuff that sometimes makes a good, friendly chat really annoying.

There is in fact an unofficial IRC chat from and for PokerStrategists: How to join the PokerStrategy IRC channel but I don't know about activity there.
    • ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      Now let me ask you something.

If i create a site just for a chat for poker players...would you guys be willing to be partners?

Thanks
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      That's a different topic ;)

If you drop me an email to michael.maul@pokerstrategy.com, with a brief description what you have in mind, I will forward it to my colleagues.
      But: why create a site if you we can use IRC? That is a beautiful and simple tool.
    • ollimacgja
      ollimacgja
      Bronze
      It´s practical.

Type an address and you are in. =p

I´m gonna brainstorm a little, to see what kind of features would be nice to have in the chat...maybe it´s even nice to involve the community in it, since they would be the ones to enjoy the chat.=)
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Just so there is no confusion:
      It is not up to me to decide on sponsorships for that, but before you start working and invest a lot of hours working on a concept, please keep in mind, that we probably wouldn't go with a standalone chat besides.
      The user created IRC channel is great and it works. I btw. prefer to use IRC, but on the other hand, I am very old school ;)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I currently run the IRC channel, so feel free to join us. We have about 30 active people in there usually.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MichaelM I btw. prefer to use IRC, but on the other hand, I am very old school ;)
      If so how come I never see you in it?
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      I am not having an IRC client running on my work machine, only on my home desktop, but know what? I am going to join you guys :)