$50 legit?

• Blufmaster
      Blufmaster
      Bronze
      Ive noticed recently that a few people have been denied the ID Check. I also have been denied the ID check, on full tilt, using the valid code provided, the correct username, photographs of my ID and Phone bill with name and adress (and even my ID in the same picture.

So basically I feel a bit used, promised a $50 capital (which was never available) just to get me onto this site.

Surely you could provide specific details why I did not meet the ID check criteria, I have put my trust In you with my ID and time. not good.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me. and id rather not take out a ticket just to hear we can not tell you why your id check failed.
  • 15 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Blufmaster & welcome to the community,

I appreciate your frustration and having seen the odd ID fail in the forum, it is easy to think that something is fundamentally wrong. I can reassure you however that it isn't, this is a genuine offer of a free starting bankroll from a legitimate and hugely respected company.
      PokerStrategy sign up many thousands of new members every week, but by the nature of it, you would only see the odd one that failed in the forum. Members don't usually post to say everything went ok and they received their capitlal within a few hours.

As you will appreciate, any company that offers to give away free money needs to protect itself from abuse and potential fraud from a minority of users.
      PokerStrategy sets a simple ID check and poker quiz to give itself this mimimal level of protection and the vast majority of applications pass without issue.

By failing the ID check, we are not suggesting that you have done anything untoward, however it is a vital element of the application that this check is passed otherwise the free starting capital is not available to you.

It is written into the terms & conditions that you sign up to that PokerStrategy are not obliged to tell you the exact reason for failure. This again is there solely for the protection of the security measures PokerStrategy takes to ensure that applications are genuine and all in order. PokerStrategy will not advise you the reason if by doing so it would give away some of these measures that it needs to take.

By failing, it just means that you haven't qualified for the free $50 starting capital, however as a member of PokerStrategy, you are still entitled to set up a tracked poker account with one of our partner poker platforms and enjoy the generous first deposit bonuses provided.
      By signing up through PokerStrategy, you would also earn PokerStrategy points which open up additional strategy material, videos and free live coaching sessions etc.

If you browse around the site and view some of the feedback provided by existing members, I think that you will agree that the free $50 is really a very small part of what PokerStrategy can do for you. We have so much more added value for our members here and run regular promotions and add additional educational material every week.

Hope this provides you with the more detailed explanation you were looking for and we look forward to continuing to see you active in the forums and up & running on a tracked poker account shortly.
      If you have any questions or would like anything clarified in more detail, don't hesitate to shout.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Blufmaster
      Blufmaster
      Bronze
      now ive failed the ID check, can I never get the $50 starting capital? (re send my ID)

oh and btw pokerstrategy is one of THE BEST strategy sites ive ever seen, and ive been a forum member in other sites for the best part of 5 years, I really think you have found the right balance, and I commend you on the sign up bonus thing... clever.. so for that side of things I thank you. (and im hoping to provide my own input and strategies/ videos etc in the future)

just skeptical over the ID thing, like, ive sent you my ID which ive sent to pokerstars, party poker, full tilt etc when they have asked for it, and they have accepted it. i really cant understand why you have declined it. maybe: other than it was a false promise. (even if in the "terms and conditions" it states no promises are made) looks dodgy to me.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Blufmaster,

Thank you for your kind words, yes we agree with you and think PokerStrategy is great too (moderators are also ordinary members of the forum first & foremost too ;) ).

I appreciate the point you've made regarding ID checks, but there is really nothing we can do I'm afraid. Moderators do not have access to your account (obviously for data protection reasons). What I can say is that the support team would only fail your ID check for a valid reason. It is actually in PokerStrategy's interest to provide the free $50 wherever possible as members are more likely to play poker with this and PokerStrategy receives their income from members playing poker (link to business model).

As I mentioned above, passing the ID check is a requirement in order to receive the $50 free starting capital. If you don't pass, you will be unable to receive this free bankroll start, but as mentioned you could start with a small deposit of your own funds.

You could of course drop support a ticket and ask for more explanation or a double check of your data, but it is rare that mistakes happen and as previously mentioned they are not obliged to provide additional details.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Afigiencikas
      Afigiencikas
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have passed the quiz and was enssured that i will get my 50$ within 2 days or will be contacted wia e-mail, but no one contacted my and i still don't have my 50 $. Why could this happen?
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey Afigiencikas,

according to the system, you will need to pass an ID Check before we can transfer the funds to you. You should have received an email about this, could you check your inbox and spam folder(s)?

Hadi
    • Afigiencikas
      Afigiencikas
      Bronze
      I just check my e-mail ones again, but i haven't get any new e-mails from you. Just e-mail and accaunt comfirmation.
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hey Afigiencikas,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Could you please open a Ticket with our customer service team and briefly describe the problem. They will help you :)
      Thanks ins advance.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      @EagleStar88. Maybe you should sticky that one. :)
    • Dvince900
      Dvince900
      Global
      Hi,

According to the system I think you will need to pass an ID check before you can transfer the funds. Check out spam folder as well you should have received email.
    • deetee7101
      deetee7101
      Bronze
      I'm also very sceptical about the starting capital. I sent my ID details and apparently it failed the check. Believe me it was not fake.
    • leetsparky
      leetsparky
      Bronze
      Both me and my friend recieved the starting capital within 3 days its not fake, mabey you should have a little more patience ?
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      There are enough members here who have received the $50 starting capital to verify that it is legit (just search the forums). It's unfortunate that you've not received yours, but PS does have its reasons. Still, even without the starting cap, it's a great site even if you only use the free teaching materials.
    • deetee7101
      deetee7101
      Bronze
      I've already been told my ID failed the check. Kinda strange considering it was my driving license and an electricity bill that were both 100% legit.
    • deetee7101
      deetee7101
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Helipacter
      There are enough members here who have received the $50 starting capital to verify that it is legit (just search the forums). It's unfortunate that you've not received yours, but PS does have its reasons. Still, even without the starting cap, it's a great site even if you only use the free teaching materials.
      I realise the value of the site and its content but I can assure you there is no valid reason why my ID check should fail.
    • Matke47
      Matke47
      Bronze
      Starting capital is legit 100%, i already had verified FullTilt acc so no ID check was needed :D . Awesome site , i learned allot reading and playing. I am sure they have there`s reasons