Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($14.42)
      CO ($10.26)
      BTN ($8.65)
      Hero ($12.62)
      BB ($8.99)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB 9:spade: J:spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: 5:club: J:diamond: 3:heart: ($0.60, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54, BB folds

Turn: 8:club: ($1.68, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

River: 8:heart: ($2.48, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.40, Hero folds

Pre: It seems that it's better to fold OOP such a hands... :)

Flop: Calling down, not really willing to make any moves as if I'm good here, I'm good - no FD/SD possible.

Turn: Should I raise this? Now I'm just playing to see the showdown cheaply.

River: Almost pot bet was enough for me to shut it down, but now it seems like leak, because this second 8 doesn't change much unless he cbet that flop, hit 8 and now got trips. So, should I consider calling this river bet?
  • 4 replies
    • Huseens
      I think you can bet/fold on the flop, but if played like this I think folding the river is okay.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      this be on the river strongly indicates a bluff in my opinion.I don't see any hands he bet flop strong , bet turn super low , and bet river super big unless he got something like 67,64 missed gutshots , flushdraws or so on.Can't get his play so I would call his river bet 99% of the time because he either represents 8x type of hand, but as i think further no way he's got a hand he will 100% of the time bet strong on the turn even if he had hit the 8 , because he already took down the initiative and your line looks weak to him.Definitely a call on the river for myself or other option is you reraise turn and evulate the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Fold it preflop, it's just not strong enough to call out of position. Against some people you can 3-bet that but against a guy who is minraising and isn't rebuying to 100bb I assume you're a lot more likely to get called than against a reg, which is bad when you've got a speculative hand like J9s.

On the flop I like the check/call unless you believe it's going to get checked around, as BU can easily throw out a bluff c-bet on such a dry board.

Turn is fine and river is dicey. While it's true it doesn't make much sense to us, you're likely playing against a fish with a distorted view of the game. Sometimes you call there and realize he did bigbet/suckbet/bigbet Jx for no particular reason, maybe stuff like "haha top bet i bet. maybe he'll be scared now so i'll bet small. oh he called again, i guess he's not folding so i'll bet big again". 8x will show up as well. It all depends on how bluffy you think the guy is, against an unknown just pick one option and stick with it, there is no bad choice between calling and folding.

Hope it helps.
    • sidyart
      The thing is, you'll either win the first two bets, or lose a big pot with such a hand, OOP, and as a caller :)