love from oz!!

• cellic67
      cellic67
      Bronze
      hey guys!

just moved from australia to the uk and lovin it. playing poker for the better part of living atm and just signed up to the free $50 bankroll at everest as a bet with my friend. he reckons i cant mulitply it by %1000. lets see if i prove him wrong

yours sincerely cellic67
  • 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      G'day cellic67, good to see you and welcome to the U.K. ;)

We have lots to offer you here, ranging from the starting capital and strategy guides through to free live coaching sessions, strategy videos and sample hands forums. They all help you to develop your game and to give you the best possible chance of playing profitable poker.
      Take your time to browse the various different benefits of your free membership here.

We also have a very active and friendly community here with lots of hugely experienced members who are keen to pass on their thoughts, expertise and experience to fellow members.

All in all, I think you will like it here and we all wish you every success and enjoyment in your poker. Look forward to seeing you active within the forums in due course.

In terms of multiplying your bankroll, don't get obscured by figures, targets or timescales. If you study the material carefully, fine-tune your game and work hard, I'm sure results will follow, but above all enjoy your poker.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • cellic67
      cellic67
      Bronze
      hey bart

thanks for your comment! i was just wondering, i was reading over your strategies for micro playing and it says that you should have a minimum of $50 to sit down on a 1c 2c table (with a max buy in of $2). the strategy didnt make clear wether that was limited to the one table or multi-tabling? is there somewhere i could get an answer??

thanks, lewis
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Lewis,

The buyin's mentioned refer to one table using the Big Stack Strategy (BSS). You can of course open up multiple tables, each with a maximum of $2.

If your new to poker, it's better to concentrate on just 1 table initially and when you are happy with your game and confidence increases you can slowly add additional tables in, but always start small.
      If you have previous experience of multi-tabling, then of course you can continue to do what your used to.

Either way, I would highly recommend you utilise some form of a "stop-loss" which is mentioned in the strategy guides as it is sometimes easy to lose several stacks to standard variance or tilt or lack of concentration etc especially when multi-tabling (or at least it's easy for me to do that on cash games :D )
      I don't recall what the recommended stop-loss is, but I use something like 4 or 5xBI.

Hope this helps, if you need clarification on any aspect, don't hesitate to shout, all our members here are really friendly and eager to help each other ;)

Best regards,

Bart