videos from coachings

• FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      Hi

I love Pokerstrategy coachings and consider them one of the best ways how to improve in poker. How about making videos from all these coaching sessions? It would be extremly helpful for players who couldnt watch a session for various reasons. It would be also good for players who watched the coaching and want to rewiev interesting situations. I would say recording of a coaching session is not a big problem and it could be recorded by anyone.
      I think videos are more popular than strategy articles and as there are just a couple of videos for each poker format and stakes it might help PS members a lot.

• 8 replies
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i was thinking the exact same thing! i would watch them all.. BUT

the coach will answer a lot of questions asked in the chatbox.. and if you are watching a video.. it wouldnt make any sense at all :(

unless you pop up those questions that the coach asked in the video.. just requires a little video editing!
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      as the coach usually repeats the question before he answers I see no problem in this...
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      I've made some vids of gervs SSS coaching.
      The idea is good. realization a bit harder, since the files are 1GB+
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      I meant the coaching videos would be on pokerstrategy web site in video section recorded by coaches and uploaded by pokerstrategy. But uploading already made videos is also a good idea.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      My first thought was that as soon as we do this people will (automatically) think ''In 30 minutes coaching X starts but wait PokerStrategy records this so I can watch it on my own convenience so I guess I go and drink some Guiness''

What happens is that at some point there is no solid coaching anymore with interaction, questions to learn from

Also a coaching is more than just seeing how the coach plays, it is also a platform where you can discuss hands, talk about theory, have some fun etc. :)

I'm not really thrilled about this suggestion but I am also not really against it.
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Agreed, also live coachings contains a lot of dead time and space and quite a bit of non poker-related stuff sometimes which makes it even less attractive to put out as a video.

Making a video built up as a coaching could be more of an idea but you have to structure it a bit and it would be more like a pre-made script then just in coaching format.
      But then again we loose all of the interaction-part which is what makes the live coachings so good and different from videos as gerv said.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv and z4tz for your explanations - I'll also pass this thread on to my colleagues from the Education department, let's see what they have to say :)

Hadi
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hello Folks,

I know a lot of you would like the idea, to watch recorded coachings. But we decided against it, in the past, since the uniqueness a coaching offers, goes away, when you watch is as a record. The big advantage in participating in a coaching, is being able to be actively involved, to be able to ask question and discuss with the coach, about strategies and lines.

And if you can not participate in a coaching, their is always a next week. ;)

Otherwise its more like a normal live session video.

Kind regards,
      Berliner