Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6,52
      BB:
      $4,13

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:club: , Q:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, BB raises to $0,25, Hero calls $0,10.

Flop: ($0,50) Q:diamond: , 7:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0,26, Hero calls $0,26.

Turn: ($1,02) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,14

I often see people do that gay 3bets with AA,KK,QQ.What about my call preflop?
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I think your line is fine without reads that this small 3bet is always AA KK or QQ. You are talking about a very opponent specific read right there. Sometimes Its weak, sometimes its strong.

Anyway, The turn-bet looks very strong so I just give it up there (again If I have reads I can change my play there too)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine to call preflop getting those odds with a big suited connector, as long as you realize you're never looking to call down with one pair when the most likely hands for your opponent are overpairs. Just try and crack it by calling the flop if you get a piece, after that if you didn't improve to beat overpairs just let it go unless the price is right.

As played I still think he has an overpair, that either improved with big flushdraw or got into a protection mindset once the board got scary. I'd just shove and watch him go broke with his overpair, QQ/JJ are super unlikely and he's never going to lay down KK+ with a diamond, ever, I even doubt he lets go of bare KK+ hands. Sometimes he'll show a random flush and it'll be unfortunate, but the tighter he is with 3-bets the more you should just jam it in on the turn.

Hope it helps.