• slerf
      slerf
      Bronze
      Stacks:
      Hero $2.00
      Villian $24.60
      MP1 7.40

Hero preflop A :club: Q :heart:
      Villian limps 0.10, MP1 limps 0.10, Hero raises 0.60, Villian calls, MP1 folds

FLOP A :spade: 10 :spade: K :spade:
      Hero cont bet 0.70, Villian calls.

TURN Q :diamond:
      Hero all-in 0.85, Villian calls.

Villian J :club: 10 :diamond: .
  • 4 replies
    • slerf
      slerf
      Bronze
      I am a new player looking to learn. I raised preflop as per the SSS. The 3 spades on the flop sign for caution? Also hero kicker was only a Q. Conitinuation bet made of $0.70. Continuation bet should have been $0.90 (2\3 pot) as per SSS?
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Here I would push on the Flop. Their is $1.65 in the Pot and you have $1.40 left, so the Pot is bigger then the rest of your stack and you have Top Pair with Top Kicker (King here is your first and the queen your second kicker). Right now you´re only beat by AT, KT, QJ or a Flush, any other hand that would beat you now should have raised preflop before you and you wouldn´t be in that hand.

He will call with a Ace and a flushdraw very often and has to fold any other hand like a pocket pair. And you still have out for Two Pair or 3 clean Outs for a Straight, if your Opponent has no Flush.

So move it in on the Flop with that made hand, since you´re pot committed.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi slerf!

Welcome to the sample hands board. If you are looking for a hand converter program please have a look at this news: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/994/

Concerning your hand: Push all-in on the flop because there are many hands (as flush and straight draws) which you are beating. In addition: The board is as scary for you as it is for your opponents. So you have some fold equity.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • slerf
      slerf
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. Can see i should have pushed in, was cautious with just top pair. Puschkin81, i will get the hqand converter for next post, cheers.