$10.17
      BB:
      $7.31
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO (Hero):
      $10.15

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) J, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BU calls $1.40.

Turn: ($5.35) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.10, Hero raises to $7.55, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $8.45.

Villian 3b me not the first time at this table and was pretty active. I think he fold a lot to 4b. So my plan was to call and donk dry flop to induce rr, cause he looks pretty agro. But he didn't made what I expected from him, so I think that he could think my line is so weird and weak, so after my chk he could float and maybe jam it with AJ, QQ what in other case he wouldn't made preflop. So how does this line looks and is there another way to maximise my value?
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      In my experience if you want to bluff-induce you have to bet very small in a weak way. They have to think you're blocking with a weak pair or something and try raising you off it.

I like the call preflop but I often play it differently postflop with C/C C/R turn or C/C and river B AI or C/C. Alternatively I take the line C/C, Check Turn, Bet small river to get value out of weak pairs (I sometimes do this with 2nd pair too). Your line definitely looks good too as you correctly checked turn to let him "float" you off your bluff as you did. If you want him to RR flop as I said before, I think you bet too big.
      Bronze
      Ok, I will try smaller bet nex time. I think c/c ch/r line is possible agains this opponent, I thought he could chk behind with some hand on turn, and my goal was to get all his money in.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      Originally posted by 0890477319
      Ok, I will try smaller bet nex time. I think c/c ch/r line is possible agains this opponent, I thought he could chk behind with some hand on turn, and my goal was to get all his money in.
      No way he check behind with AQ,AK,AJ there and anyother type of hand because he didn't reraise flop - meaning he got most of the time AQ,AK,KQ and such a hands that have no equity on almost every turn so he will bet 95 % of the time there I think.Your line is good you will get value from a Jx , QQ and maybe 99-TT every time because he is commited.He just had pure air that he folded i also assume he made an instant fold that prooves he had air.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Flop is fine since he seems like he doesn't give donkbets much credit and he apparently isn't 3-betting often enough to have complete airballs in that spot, like 65s or something, which means he'll have pairs or highcard that have enough value to float your donkbet if you prevent him from c-betting.

4-betting small preflop and calling a shove is also fine, just hoping we cooler him, since again, he's not 3-betting that often so he'll have a decently strong holding a good amount of the time.

As for the turn play, I like the check as well. If he had another overpair he likely would have raised the flop (and even if he didn't, he will bet the turn when checked to for value so we don't lose value), so we can focus on extracting maximum value from the weakest parts of his range, which means checking/shoving the turn and valuebetting the river smallish (or big if you think it'll look bluffier) if he checks back the turn.

Hope it helps.