Suited connectors??

• ashba89
      Hello. I was going through the SnG starting-hand-chart and the bronze articles.

The articles states that suited connectors is best played in the early stages of a tournament due to minimal loss risk. But suited connectors aren't even present in the starting hand chart?

And we're told to follow the chart exactly so im confused. Should i play these, or not?

:) )
  • 3 replies
    • alenstrat
      For a beginner I think if there are limpers before you, in early stage of SNG, I'd say without a doubt limp suited connectors or Ax suited behind. And then simply play check call if you hit a draw or bet if you hit your draw or check fold if you hit nothing.

But I guess that's just a personal preference, no idea what the official "theory" says about this for beginners, that's just what I used to do. I think in the above situations you can play these profitably. Don't limp them if no one limped before since you'll probably have to fold to a raise.

When you're more advanced you'll learn to open raise such hands .. but that's not where you're at yet.
    • pinnryder
      It is all about position when you play suited connectors. Never ever play them out of position, because it is very hard to play them profitably then.
      When you are a beginner just limp them from late position in a multiway-pot. Otherwise tight is right!
    • Hlynkinn
      if you get crazy pot odds to limp them preflop go ahead.. But only play them postflop if you hit two pair or better and chasing draws in sng's is a leak unless your getting good enough pot odds