Working on my mindset

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I've been on PS for a long time now and have previously had 3 blogs. All equally unsuccessful. The last one entitled "My third and final blog" was very serious and I really thought I was going to start playing more regularly and focused. I have now realised I will never do that.

So here I am. I love poker and love playing the games - all of them. Stud, 5 card draw, hold'em, PLO, triple draw etc. But I get bored easily, so I constantly change my game.

I think I'm about a break even player, maybe slightly on the winning side. Maybe this blog will help monitor that.

I will blog about the poker I play and what goes on in my life, and I hope it will be somewhat interesting. I'll throw in a hot chick here and there to attract some readers if I feel desperate.

I have no goals of making X amounts of money or reaching any specific stake. I will just play to have fun and hopefully make a little money.

Later, peeps.
  • 35 replies
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Hope it goes well. I'll keep an eye on it. :)
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Hope it goes well. I'll keep an eye on it. :)
      Thank you :)

Just played a session of €0.02/0.04 HU PLO. Haha I love that game. So funny when villains start tilting. I bought in for €2 and left the table with about €4 - because that's just how I roll :s_cool:

And I don't care about the rake. I don't have to when I rape my opponents like I just did now :f_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Good luck Anders mate,

Good to see you back blogging ;)

Bart
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Good luck Anders mate,

Good to see you back blogging ;)

Bart
      Hi Bart,
      Glad to see you in here

----------------------------------------
      Why are all the turbo PLO SnGs on Titan DoNs? Hate DoNs.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Played some more HU PLO and ended up about even. So up about 1 stack today.

I wanted to post some hands, but I only have the .xml file, and I could find a place to convert those.

Goodnight all.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Played another session of HU PLO. For about an hour I wandered in the area of being b/e and 1.5 stacks up. Eventually one hand I busted and villain instantly left - such a pussy.

Anyway, once I get the HH's to my desktop I'll probably post some interesting hands and graphs.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Thanks Irooz :)

Rake raping example of today:
      The session I mentioned earlier where I was constantly between b/e and and 1.5 stacks up. The hand where I busted and my opponent left ended up being the last hand. So I was down 1 BI, and well, my opponent was down ~1.5 BI :f_biggrin:

Also thanks for the HH tip, I'll find some hands later.

Played a short SH PLO session just now. Finished up about 3 BI - not too shabby.
    • alecsCQ
      alecsCQ
      Bronze
      gl!
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alecsCQ
      gl!
      tyty

----------------------------------------------------------

Started doing some sropshipping with ebay. Fun stuff. Made some small bucks so far.

Anybody else doing that?
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Ah my most favourite Dane is at it again! Like the attitude and will enjoy the read.

Originally posted by Kimber88
      Started doing some sropshipping with ebay. Fun stuff. Made some small bucks so far.

Anybody else doing that?
      Say wha?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Ah my most favourite Dane is at it again! Like the attitude and will enjoy the read.
      Thank you :)

Originally posted by Kimber88

Anybody else doing that?
      Say wha?
      That was supposed to say dropshipping.

Dropshipping
      I can't be bothered to do more than that now, since I'm drunk..
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      So small scale, low overhead retailing I guess!

What do you sell? iPods and phones and stuff? Cocaine and teddy bears? Personal gratification devices?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      So small scale, low overhead retailing I guess!

What do you sell? iPods and phones and stuff? Cocaine and teddy bears? Personal gratification devices?
      I don't really know yet. I'm trying out some different things.
      The problem with iPods and iPhones is that it's difficult to find them cheap enough to make money by reselling.

I found out the other day that selling cheap activation keys for antivirus was extremely easy. However I'm not sure that is completely legal, so I'll probably try other things.

I also sold a pen with a pin-hole camera. And I have an idea for something I have to try. But I'll get back to that when I get home from Bali in mid August.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Played some HU PLO €0.01/0.02 tonight and won almost 2 stacks. Not bad at all. Mainly I have this hand to thank:

€0.01/€0.02 Omaha
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      SB (€5.09)
      BB/Hero (€3.35)

Pre-Flop: (€0.03, 2 players)
      SB raises to €0.06, BB/Hero calls €0.04

Flop: J:heart: J:spade: Q:heart: (€0.11, 2 players)
      BB/Hero checks, SB bets €0.12, BB/Hero calls €0.12

Turn: 10:spade: (€0.35, 2 players)
      BB/Hero checks, SB bets €0.36, BB/Hero raises to €0.72, SB calls €0.36

River: A:diamond: (€1.79, 2 players)
      BB/Hero bets €1.80, SB goes all-in €4.19, BB/Hero goes all-in €0.65

Final Pot: €8.43
      SB shows
      A:heart: 6:heart: A:spade: 2:heart:
      BB/Hero shows
      9:spade: J:diamond: J:club: 10:diamond:

BB/Hero wins €6.26 (net +€2.89)

SB collects €1.74 (net -€3.35)

I :heart: Omaha
    • prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      never heard this expression "dropshipping" before.. : :f_grin:
      did u tried trading antique stuff, rarities like books, postcards, stamps? though this is also not easy bc there are lot of counterfeited things even at places like ebay...
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by prg09
      Hi,
      never heard this expression "dropshipping" before.. : :f_grin:
      did u tried trading antique stuff, rarities like books, postcards, stamps? though this is also not easy bc there are lot of counterfeited things even at places like ebay...
      Hello,

I have not been looking into those kinds of things yet.
      The basic idea of dropshipping is that you find an item on the internet that looks cheap. You then try to sell it on ebay for more money than the buying price. If you sell it on ebay then you buy it on the other site and have it sent to your buyer.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Played some Super Turbo HU SNGs on iPoker today and won 5 of 5. Good day.

Now I'm off to Bali and will be taking a 40 days break from poker. See you all when I get back.

Life is great!
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      So the 40 days break turned out to be a tiny bit longer when it comes to blogging.

I have been playing lots of PLO HU SnGs lately and love it. They are really soft, but it's micros, so I guess that helps.

The last couple of days I have been 1-tabling Stud Hi. I watched the 2 vids RainMainTrail has made here on PS and they helped a lot. While 1tabling I have now played ~300 hands of 0.05/0.10 and I'm running at 45bb/100. The goal will obviously be to maintain that for another 700 hands and then move up.

I might post some hands and graphs when I get home, though a graph of 300 hands isn't all that interesting.

Until then,

Kimber88