[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA 200bb deep

• N0pr3s3n7
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.8) J, 3, T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.8) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.35, SB raises to $2.70, Hero raises to $19.47, SB calls $16.40(All-In).

River: ($40.37) K (2 players)

Final Pot: $40.37.

Villian is : 45/43/0/12 vpip,limp,pfr,hands

My shove on the turn is because of any possible cards that will make the board terrible as the Kd did and guess no way he fold anything he has ? Like any flushdraw + gutshot , any two pairs and no way KQ for example.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Well when you think about it his most likely hands for doing that are 33/JJ/TT/AJ/AT/KQ and any combo draw maybe (like two diamonds with a gutshot, tho he seems passive enough so far that he might not have those). Considering we can already account for 3 of the 4 aces, it's pretty unlikely he has AJ/AT, and with 33/JJ/TT he might have raised the flop sometimes, tho he can certainly take a monster c/c c/mr line with them anyway.

Considering there are 16 combos of KQ he'll play like that for sure and only 9 combos of 33/JJ/TT + 6 combos of AT/AJ out there that he MIGHT play like that, you can see why i'm not fistpumping when I get minraised on that turn. Your 3-bet shove is a huge overbet as well, tho it's unlikely it makes him lay down anything it's possible as well. Maybe he sees the obvious KQ getting there and will hero laydown AT or something.

I'd either make a normal 3-bet to about $6.5 or just call play the river, depending on how likely I think he is to have worse hands when he takes that line.

Hope it helps.