[NL2-NL10] Were my two pairs good?

    • Artsboy
      Artsboy
      Silver
      Joined: 18.01.2010 Posts: 556
      After the opponent called my reraise on the flop I thought he might have a set, so I just checked in the turn. In the river I was pretty sure I had the best hand, so I just raised the minimum I thought he would call, in order to get some more money. Should I have just raised again on the turn?

      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      UTG BACON232323 ($2.32)
      UTG+1 Serini ($1.66)
      MP1 Hammergerd ($2.12)
      MP2 TerTon ($1.86)
      CO MarimarPerez ($2.86)
      BTN Melina a2m ($0.52)
      SB tiago_tc84 ($2)
      BB Hero ($2.98)

      Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 8 players) Hero is BB 10:diamond: 8:club:
      4 folds, MarimarPerez calls $0.02, Melina a2m calls $0.02, tiago_tc84 calls $0.01, Hero checks

      Flop: 4:heart: 10:heart: 8:diamond: ($0.08, 4 players)
      tiago_tc84 bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, tiago_tc84 calls $0.14

      Turn: 6:club: ($0.48, 2 players)
      tiago_tc84 checks, Hero checks

      River: 4:club: ($0.48, 2 players)
      tiago_tc84 checks, Hero bets $0.12, tiago_tc84 calls $0.12
  • 7 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Joined: 17.10.2007 Posts: 5,877
      Opponent should 3bet with set most of time in flop. I would put him to draw or some Tx hand usually. So I would bet turn ~0.35$. Turn card is relatively safe as 79 is only draw completed. With safe river it's ok to do value river bet as well.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Joined: 14.05.2009 Posts: 1,280
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      Opponent should 3bet with set most of time in flop. I would put him to draw or some Tx hand usually. So I would bet turn ~0.35$. Turn card is relatively safe as 79 is only draw completed. With safe river it's ok to do value river bet as well.
      This.You need to bet turn unless a flush completes his hand is almost always a draw or some Tx hand that will pay you at least few more times.On the river easy value bet/raise.
    • Artsboy
      Artsboy
      Silver
      Joined: 18.01.2010 Posts: 556
      Great, makes a lot of sense, thank you guys!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.11.2008 Posts: 5,510
      Hi,


      Agreed. Definitely bet the turn for value, villain's most likely hands are Tx and random draws, it's criminal to pass it up.

      As played bet the river stronger as well, most people aren't folding Tx ever there whether you make it 1/3 pot or 3/4 pot.


      Hope it helps.
    • Artsboy
      Artsboy
      Silver
      Joined: 18.01.2010 Posts: 556
      Hmm, I was just afraid to be reraised in the turn, so I just played it conservatively.

      So, would you say this kind of hand is strong enough to go ALL-IN in this flop?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.11.2008 Posts: 5,510
      Hi,


      Probably. You're only beat by the unlikely 44 and the very unlikely TT/88.

      As for you getting raised on the turn it won't happen very often at all, in fact it'll happen so rarely that fearing it will make you play bad the vast majority of the time. Just because 5% of the time you'll get raised doesn't mean it's worth missing out on a valuebet against worse hands the other 95%.


      Hope it helps.
    • Artsboy
      Artsboy
      Silver
      Joined: 18.01.2010 Posts: 556
      Got it, thanks!