Switching to FL ?

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hello guys. I lately started to ask myself which poker form is the highest $/hour.

I am a SNG player for about a year, and i'm confident i break low limits. My problems started when i went for the middle limits.

Anyway, i believe the most profitable way i can play sng's is 24 tabling 13$ 180 turbos. At 10$ ROI/game that's at least 25$/hour which is insane. Problem is variance is also insane, as well as breakeven stretches (you can play for 4-6 months and be breakeven).

So i'm searching for lower variance (yes, i know FL is also swingy as hell, but still far from MTT's) i searched the winrate for NL at low limits ( max. 3bb/100h for NL100 9 tabling that's 15$/hour for the best players), and finally FL. Now i promise i'll finally talk about FL :D

In FL low limits end at 3/6$, the best players out there make about 3BB. I would be happy to go over 1BB/100h. Assuming i can play 9 tables that would be about 30$/hour, plus rakeback, plus maybe i can jump over 1BB/100.

Are my calculations realistic? How hard is it to break 3/6$? Thanks.
  • 7 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I wish you luck!

Bottom line I figure what you propose is possible 9 tabling (I assume SH) in over 6 months with 100% commitment and full time play and coaching and significant run good. If you aren't broken first. 0BB/100+ is the aim of most players and 1BB/100 is toward the top end of what a really good, solid player can expect 6 tabling. 3BB/100 may be possible, but you're running on rocket fuel run good at that rate IMO.

Ofc, I'm bitter 'cause I still struggle to beat $.50/$1, $1/$2 SH so I would await the better informed grinders out there opinion if I were you.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Thanks. In the SNG world low limits are easy to beat. That's why i ask how hard are low limit FL to break.

I went straight to the upper end of them without going back once. In 6 max for example a common table has 1 good reg and 1-2 breakeven/slightly winning/losing player(s).

And there are times when they make such mistakes that you wonder how the hell are they profitable.

It's not that much about 9 tabling, it's more about $/hour. 20$+/hour doable?
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      If u play decent poker low limits are easy to beat in every kind of game.

U know.....if u play in 5th football division is quite easy to score. But there is plenty of players who cannot score neither in 5th division.

In 1st division it is much much harder to score if you are the same player, with same skills as in 5th division.

I just want to say that it is so pointless if one 3/6$ player tells you that those limits are easy to beat if he is master of poker. Beginner will tell you the opposite that 3/6 is so hard to beat.

At the end u have to do it on your own and try different things. U will face the same problems on every kind of game.

As i see u already are good profitable player and those answers here wont help you much i think. If u do SNGs so well try other games on micro limits to check if you like it or not and study your SNGs even more.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      I would say the hard thing to beat are not the players but the rake. 3/6 FL is the game where you pay so much rake it is just insane. Even with rakeback it will be hard to overcome the rake.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      TBH You have to reckon on the impact of rakeback as considerable in working out what return you can make. $20/hr with winrate and rakeback should be possible on $3/$6 as a strong player/strong multitabler.

Folks like Terrorblade, Dawnfall and redskwerl should be able to give you a much clearer picture as to what is achievable. One thing I can say, on most sites $3/$6 is where you are mostly eploiting the leaks of regs, and the loose players are fewer and further between.

As for playing regs, at some sites $.25/$.50 SH is full of TAG regs, on others $3/$6 is where it starts getting ugly.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      $20/hr should be "easily" achievable at 3/6
      eg: you play 4 tables of 3/6 SH at a site like ftp/cake, ~400 hands/hr and ~$70 rake/hr.
      that's already about $20 from rakeback only.
      (of course you have to be a fairly reasonable player to break even at 3/6, you can't just start out at 3/6 with no FL experience expecting to win)

i believe 3BB/100 is a completely unrealistic longterm winrate for ring games; to have such a winrate you'd either have to be way way waaay better than the limit you're playing (in which case you should move up) or have very nitty table selection standards (and thus you couldn't put in many hands/month)
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      Thanks. In the SNG world low limits are easy to beat. That's why i ask how hard are low limit FL to break.

I went straight to the upper end of them without going back once. In 6 max for example a common table has 1 good reg and 1-2 breakeven/slightly winning/losing player(s).

And there are times when they make such mistakes that you wonder how the hell are they profitable.

if you can beat sng's easily as you state you can, then stay with them imo.