This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Super Turbo - Chipleader on the bubble

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      What would be the optimal strategy for a chipleader in a Supet Turbo tournament on the bubble? Assuming stacks of 1500, 400, 400 and 400.

I assume pushing all in with any two cards should be reasonable enough on most instances, unless there are incredibly loose players still in. But is it correct?
  • 5 replies
    • daleetpork
      daleetpork
      Bronze
      just keep folding your way up
      nah i keed , push any A i suppose
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      depends on the blinds... If you have some fold equity you should push ATC
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Unless the big blind would be getting 3:1 to call, my default play would be to open-push ATC from any position with those stacks. When you have the run-away chip lead, you should use it aggressively to accumulate even more chips, so that you go into the heads-up portion of the tournament with a huge advantage.

If you never bubble out after having a huge chip lead like this, then you aren't using your chip lead well. It takes quite a parlay of bad occurrences to knock you out, and it's worth the risk.

Your opponents are in a folding war. They are each hoping someone else will take a stand against you. They need a lot of equity against your range to take a stand, and very few hands have enough equity even if they know you are pushing ATC. When you see even two players in a folding war, you can usually steal their blinds aggressively.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      "folding war"

ROFLMAO, hilarious, such a funny new term for my poker dictionary!!!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      "folding war"

ROFLMAO, hilarious, such a funny new term for my poker dictionary!!!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
      +1

And I really liked Pzhon post.. Quality post almost made me want to play superturbos (No not really...)