Super Turbo - Chipleader on the bubble

• Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      What would be the optimal strategy for a chipleader in a Supet Turbo tournament on the bubble? Assuming stacks of 1500, 400, 400 and 400.

I assume pushing all in with any two cards should be reasonable enough on most instances, unless there are incredibly loose players still in. But is it correct?
  • 5 replies
    • daleetpork
      daleetpork
      Bronze
      just keep folding your way up
      nah i keed , push any A i suppose
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      depends on the blinds... If you have some fold equity you should push ATC
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Unless the big blind would be getting 3:1 to call, my default play would be to open-push ATC from any position with those stacks. When you have the run-away chip lead, you should use it aggressively to accumulate even more chips, so that you go into the heads-up portion of the tournament with a huge advantage.

If you never bubble out after having a huge chip lead like this, then you aren't using your chip lead well. It takes quite a parlay of bad occurrences to knock you out, and it's worth the risk.

Your opponents are in a folding war. They are each hoping someone else will take a stand against you. They need a lot of equity against your range to take a stand, and very few hands have enough equity even if they know you are pushing ATC. When you see even two players in a folding war, you can usually steal their blinds aggressively.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      "folding war"

ROFLMAO, hilarious, such a funny new term for my poker dictionary!!!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      "folding war"

ROFLMAO, hilarious, such a funny new term for my poker dictionary!!!! :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
      +1

And I really liked Pzhon post.. Quality post almost made me want to play superturbos (No not really...)