[NL2-NL10] $25 NL HE Full Ring: Two-pair facing aggressive action

• Kidsoldja
      Kidsoldja
      Basic
      I'm fairly sure this is a correct fold at the river, yes? But what about the line? Should I have got away from this before the river? Should I jam the flop?

BB is massive fish (38/3) so wasn't too concerned with him. MP2 has stats of 17/11 and seemed a decent TAG. I couldn't decide whether he was on a flush draw or had hit a set with 88/JJ. Ace of spades on the flop made me think flush draw less likely.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($28.10)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($7.47)
      UTG ($40.17)
      UTG+1 ($25.35)
      Hero (MP1) ($35.18)
      MP2 ($31.01)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A :club: , J :club:
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.75, MP2 calls $0.75, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.35) 8 :spade: , J :diamond: , A :spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, MP2 raises to $3.25, BB calls $3.25, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($12.10) 7 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $7.25, BB calls $3.47 (All-In), Hero calls $7.25

River: ($30.07) 4 :diamond: (3 players, 1 all-in)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $19.76 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $30.07
  • 5 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      hi kidsoldja
      this is the fl forum. you have to post this hand into the nl bss forums... i will ask a moderator to move it.

i will have a try though: i bet the flop bigger because the board is quite drawy and after a raise i try to get it in right away
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Kidsoldja,

The BSS NL25 hand evaluations are restricted to Silver status and above, which you should earn quite quickly after setting up your tracked PokerStrategy account.

As a one-off I have moved this hand into NL10 because you would be unable to view it in NL25, it is however up to the hand judges whether they are able to help you with this particular hand.

In future, please ensure all hands are posted in the correct forum or wait until the correct status level has been achieved.

Trust you will understand and we appreciate your co-operation.

Best regards,

Bart
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      Here you should think about the following:

All in on flop or fold.I don't see any point in calling for 4 outs.After you called it ship the turn or if you call turn , call any river.No way you fold the hand if you played till the river.MP3 might be having some very heavy draw to raise vs 2opponents but most of the time he is having set/2 pairs, since you are Holding AJ and he didn't 3bet you preflop he is never having JJ,AA here .The only hand he can have that beats you is 88.So it's definitely a all in on the flop or fold,he will call you with anydraws he has so you don't lose value if you just push and make him scared.Also the you should think about the BB.I think his hand looks like a draw but if you consider him holding J8/A8/AJ the hand of CO becomes even more polarized to be a draw which you are In a flippy situation with,but still a little bit ahead.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Start by betting closer to 4/5 pot on that board to begin with.

As played I disagree with N0pr3s3n7 about villain not having JJ in that spot, many players don't 3-bet that hand as a standard in that spot preflop. I won't give the guy J8 nor A8 either either, he doesn't seem that loose. AJ is possible.

You're both right about his big draws / two pairs / sets range tho, which is why N0pr3s3n7 is right in a way when he says it makes no sense to call two bets just to fold a blank river, unless you're totally sure he can never fire the third barrel with a busted draw.

So that makes what, 4 combos of sets given that we have a J blocker, 4 combos of AJ for a total of 8. As for draws on the flop, a few T9s and big broadway spades, I guess we can come close to 8 combos as well, tho some players won't raise anything but a K-high combodraw in that spot, especially full ring. I'd estimate even if there a few combos of made hands he can have, there still aren't enough draws to match those.

So let's see, if we get all-in on the flop, we're almost dead against half or more of his range, and we're flipping against the rest. Needless to say that's not called being in good shape for 140bb. That's assuming he goes broke with all draws instead of deciding to call in position, which if he does just call, we're running into a set all day when we call off the 4-bet.

Overall it's really not a good spot. I'd say either 3-bet/fold the flop since i expect villain to take the odds and call with a big draw often, which if he does you can just shove a blank turn, or call down and hope you found one of the few 17/11 people capable of 3 barreling a draw at nl25.

Hope it helps.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      After I look down at the hand again i have to point something:

On turn MP3 bets 7.25 in pot 12.10 which is low for a made hand in my opinion.I think he is having something like T9 of spades there which have the nuts at the moment.I don't find it good to bet this low as you might have a draw too.If for example MP3 has a set , your hand (as you didn't ship the flop) might look like a drawing hand versus which he wants to protect.With this 7d there the board becomes even more drawy,or the other thing is that he might be worried about you having T9.