$10.96
      MP3:
      $10.52
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $16.25

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 9.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 4, T, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, CO calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.45) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50.

River: ($9.45) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $9.45.

Regish guy active in LP. I like to chr such guy in such a board cause they looks so ugly and I represent much, and I have 2 back doors. He calls this mean some Qx hand or he is on a drw himself. Overpairs and strong Q must shove for ptotection here. I think K is a good card for second barrel to fold Qx hand and draws and now we have combo drw to even call push cause I only need 25% equity. This how I see his push range

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 23,598% 21,591% 4,015% 74,394% As9s
      Player 2: 76,402% 74,394% 4,015% 21,591% AKs, AJs, KQs, AKo, AJo, KQo

Is my thoughts right, and maybe bet on the turn must be bigger to call shove easily?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd 3-bet preflop if I wanted to mess with him, A9s isn't strong enough to flat out of position unless you check/raise a lot, meaning you actually c/r enough made hands to balance for the tons of bluff you put in there.

So on the flop he won't give you credit for Qx when you check/raise as no regs check/raise top pairs at microstakes, you'd likely 3-bet QQ/TT preflop and calling in the big blind with QT is bad, even QTs might not be profitable straight up. I guess most people at those stakes are still setmining with pocket pairs, so you can have 44. That's what you're repping, 44, a few QTs and a whole bunch of draws. If you opponent isn't capable of recognizing that and he's opening wide enough on the button for his range not to be centered around middle-high cards it's okay, otherwise he's always going to have some random piece that he can call with.

The turn is actually a bad card for you, it decreases you fold equity a lot since all the random broadway hands he peeled the flop with improved somehow, either he hit a gutshot/two pairs and he'll shove on you (forcing you off your flushdraw) or he made a pair+draw type of hand which he's likely to peel again with. So I'd either go at it with a big bet to make it clear I'm committed and hopefully fold out some of the weaker pair+draw hands, or I wouldn't bet at all.

As played when he doesn't jam the turn on you he probably didn't make two pairs or a straight on the turn, so I'd actually shove there hoping he has something like JT and finds a fold. He might end up calling it off with stuff like Qx anyway because all the diamonds missed, but risking about 5$ to win $9.5 we get pretty decent odds on our bluff. If you feel he won't fold to you, then don't bluff the river :p

Hope it helps.