This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A9s chr reggish

Bronze
      vpip/pfr/af/f2cb/f2raise cb/raise cb
      20/17/2,6/29(17)/44(9)/24(17)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $13.12
      BB (Hero):
      $21.53
      MP2:
      $10.96
      MP3:
      $10.52
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $16.25

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 9.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 4, T, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, CO calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.45) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50.

River: ($9.45) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $9.45.

Regish guy active in LP. I like to chr such guy in such a board cause they looks so ugly and I represent much, and I have 2 back doors. He calls this mean some Qx hand or he is on a drw himself. Overpairs and strong Q must shove for ptotection here. I think K is a good card for second barrel to fold Qx hand and draws and now we have combo drw to even call push cause I only need 25% equity. This how I see his push range

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 23,598% 21,591% 4,015% 74,394% As9s
      Player 2: 76,402% 74,394% 4,015% 21,591% AKs, AJs, KQs, AKo, AJo, KQo

Is my thoughts right, and maybe bet on the turn must be bigger to call shove easily?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd 3-bet preflop if I wanted to mess with him, A9s isn't strong enough to flat out of position unless you check/raise a lot, meaning you actually c/r enough made hands to balance for the tons of bluff you put in there.

So on the flop he won't give you credit for Qx when you check/raise as no regs check/raise top pairs at microstakes, you'd likely 3-bet QQ/TT preflop and calling in the big blind with QT is bad, even QTs might not be profitable straight up. I guess most people at those stakes are still setmining with pocket pairs, so you can have 44. That's what you're repping, 44, a few QTs and a whole bunch of draws. If you opponent isn't capable of recognizing that and he's opening wide enough on the button for his range not to be centered around middle-high cards it's okay, otherwise he's always going to have some random piece that he can call with.

The turn is actually a bad card for you, it decreases you fold equity a lot since all the random broadway hands he peeled the flop with improved somehow, either he hit a gutshot/two pairs and he'll shove on you (forcing you off your flushdraw) or he made a pair+draw type of hand which he's likely to peel again with. So I'd either go at it with a big bet to make it clear I'm committed and hopefully fold out some of the weaker pair+draw hands, or I wouldn't bet at all.

As played when he doesn't jam the turn on you he probably didn't make two pairs or a straight on the turn, so I'd actually shove there hoping he has something like JT and finds a fold. He might end up calling it off with stuff like Qx anyway because all the diamonds missed, but risking about 5$ to win $9.5 we get pretty decent odds on our bluff. If you feel he won't fold to you, then don't bluff the river :p

Hope it helps.