[NL2-NL10] Pockets AA in SB against a min-raise from MP

• tomahawkpt
      So, the villain min-raises form MP2 20c (2BB), and it's folded round to me.
      Having a pair of pocket AA there's nothing else for me to do than raise. How much should I raise?

I considered the min-raise as two limpers and raise 6BB... the villain calls =) is looking good.

The flop feels soft, and having overpair I bet about 2/3 of the pot and the villain calls. Should I've bet more aggressively? Do I want him to follow me?

Should I have changed anything in my play? Before and on the flop?

The Turn brings in a blank... I try a check/raise...
      I check, villain bets less than 1/2pot, and I raise ... (should have gone all-in here but I didn't notice that I was leaving back only $9cent ).. and the villain re-raises!

I'm confused... what haven't I notice in the way the hand played? Am I playing wrong or good?

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.3) Q, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.9) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.20, Hero raises to $2.40, MP2 raises to $3.60, Hero calls $0.09.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv

With a doubled stack there is nothing wrong to raise to 80cents preflop
      On the Flop I would make a $1 cBet as played with a shove on this 9

Why are you going for a check/raise? Do you know the advantages/disadvantages of this line?

I would go straight for value and go all-in for $2.4 instead

- Gerv