This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Pockets AA in SB against a min-raise from MP

• tomahawkpt
      tomahawkpt
      Bronze
      So, the villain min-raises form MP2 20c (2BB), and it's folded round to me.
      Having a pair of pocket AA there's nothing else for me to do than raise. How much should I raise?

I considered the min-raise as two limpers and raise 6BB... the villain calls =) is looking good.

The flop feels soft, and having overpair I bet about 2/3 of the pot and the villain calls. Should I've bet more aggressively? Do I want him to follow me?

Should I have changed anything in my play? Before and on the flop?

The Turn brings in a blank... I try a check/raise...
      I check, villain bets less than 1/2pot, and I raise ... (should have gone all-in here but I didn't notice that I was leaving back only $9cent ).. and the villain re-raises!

I'm confused... what haven't I notice in the way the hand played? Am I playing wrong or good?

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $10.25
      UTG2:
      $9.40
      MP1:
      $4.24
      MP2:
      $15.59
      MP3:
      $20.41
      CO:
      $10.18
      BU:
      $8.90
      SB (Hero):
      $3.89
      BB:
      $4.27

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.3) Q, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.9) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.20, Hero raises to $2.40, MP2 raises to $3.60, Hero calls $0.09.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

With a doubled stack there is nothing wrong to raise to 80cents preflop
      On the Flop I would make a $1 cBet as played with a shove on this 9

Why are you going for a check/raise? Do you know the advantages/disadvantages of this line?

I would go straight for value and go all-in for $2.4 instead

- Gerv