[NL20-NL50] nl50 sh JJ

• Hlynkinn
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.68 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $1,75, CO folds, BU calls $1,75, SB folds, BB calls $1,25.

Flop: ($5,50) 5:heart: , 3:heart: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3,50, BU folds, BB raises to $8,50, Hero calls $5,00.

Turn: ($22,50) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($22,50) 9:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $4,50, Hero calls $4,50.

Final Pot: $31,50
  • 3 replies
    • TetraQuark

I doubt he is trying c/r line on flop and turn so I doubt hes having a set there. Maybe agressively played fd or overpair like 99 or TT. I guess check behind turn and call river is an ok line to keep it on a safe side.
    • supeyrio
      on such a board, he could check raise anything from overcards, overpairs, fds, sets, etc. i think calling flop and checking back on turn is fine, but i would have considered bet/fold somewhere around half pot on the turn and check behind the river. i feel that the board didnt change much on the turn. we need to bet the turn for value and protection.
      on the flop and turn, we are almost always ahead against the range of a possible fish.

we gather more info on the turn by betting, and make him pay for his flush/overcards draw. if he is a fishy player, i doubt he is capable of check raising the turn with a bluff or a semi bluff. neither do i think he can bluff bet big on the river, although such fishes may have the tendency to over value their holdings.

by checking behind on the turn, i'm compelled to call down 100% at the river, even if the flush hits(which is what i do not like), and i do expect villian to bet the river a high % of the time, and probably overbetting since some fishy players tend to have this metagame thingy going on lol(once i sense your weakness, ima pounce on the pot!).
    • Kaitz20
      against his stack size I´m happy to play for stacks, so I´d 3-bet flop to 20$ or shove directly
      As played: I´d b/c turn 12$